DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   cabin filter for 2013s (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=144069)

tradbhtr1 06-04-2013 01:40 AM

cabin filter for 2013s
 
Does anyone know if you can get the cabin filter yet for the 2013s? We bought a 2013 1500 Laramie CrewCab May 18 and the parts dept at the dealership said they were not available yet. The filter cover was different than the 2012s.

madhatr02 06-04-2013 01:41 AM

great question will be watching this for the answer. I was about to order the one that I saw a link for but it said 2012.

scrappy 06-04-2013 06:14 AM

They are the same? my buddy has a '13 and has done the mod. I'll have to ask him.

DrCrash 06-04-2013 06:36 AM

Check out Genos Garage. They have a filter kit for the 13's. It's the same one use on the 12's.

arietem 06-04-2013 06:39 AM

Cabin Ari Filter works fine.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappy (Post 1116011)
They are the same? my buddy has a '13 and has done the mod. I'll have to ask him.

Hi, a number of members including myself have done the mod, I ordered
(p/n 68052292AA). - $15.00 cabin air door - and picked up the filter from a local car supply - took me about 30 minutes .. works great .. virtually no dust/dirt in the truck.
Filter p/n 05058693AA.

You can checkk the link here: http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=90637

There are also Youtube videos available.

Regards

Monster5601 06-04-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tradbhtr1 (Post 1115953)
Does anyone know if you can get the cabin filter yet for the 2013s? We bought a 2013 1500 Laramie CrewCab May 18 and the parts dept at the dealership said they were not available yet. The filter cover was different than the 2012s.

I did the mod on my 2013 Laramie using the parts listed in many other threads here.

hemidon 06-04-2013 07:42 AM

Does the cabin air filter cause a noticeable amount of air resistance? Kind of like putting a filter in your furnace at home, the filters have different ratings and each cause different air resistance. Is one type of cabin filter better for this?

arietem 06-04-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemidon (Post 1116057)
Does the cabin air filter cause a noticeable amount of air resistance? Kind of like putting a filter in your furnace at home, the filters have different ratings and each cause different air resistance. Is one type of cabin filter better for this?

Ummm .. good question .. I have noticed a drop in flow when drawing air from the outside .. but I tend to keep it on re-circulation most of the time - as it is getting hot here and I like maximum cold inside .. when it is drawing outside air it does seem a bit less then when I did not have the filter.

gcscott 06-04-2013 08:09 AM

I did the Cabin Air Filter Mod on my 2013 Outdoorsman and I got the parts from Genos Garage. They send you detailed instructions on how to do the mod.

Gatsy92 06-04-2013 10:56 AM

I couldn't believe it. When I asked my parts department. He said we have them but it wil void warranty. I laughed in his face and walked out and told him to find a new line of business


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger