DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Heating & Cooling (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   AC / Blower Motor/ Actuators 2009 Ram (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=144231)

SnakeBoot 06-05-2013 11:06 PM

AC / Blower Motor/ Actuators 2009 Ram

Im having problems w/09 Ram Quad Cab. Blower motor quits on start up, Actuators make noise, I get heat out of one side and AC from drivers while AC is on ??? In the Winter its just the opposite. Bought this truck used froM dealer a year ago and guess what...... IM .........ed. I ve had it in twice, 2 different dealers, both want $1000.00 minimum to tear dash apart, fix actuators. Love the truck , but its turning into a LEMON. Guess Im tearing into it myself. Thanks DODGE
Any Dash Schematics out there?

shears 06-06-2013 12:17 PM

Hey before you pay to get it looked at, check and see if it meets the recall that was done a while back. My actuator went out in my used dodge 3 months after i bought it. it made a loud clicking noise and was stuck on heat. I believe the recall number is K17. I took it in and the recall was already satisfied on my truck before i purchased it, but they went ahead and completed it again, no charge.

SnakeBoot 06-06-2013 10:20 PM

AC / Blower/ Actuators

Thanks, I will take it in again. Why wouldn't the dealer have brought that TSB # up??? Don't they get paid by Dodge for these things. ? Is a TSB a recall???? Appreciate your input.

Ramzaq 06-06-2013 11:08 PM

Do a search on your problem. Check the HVAC section for the 4th gen's. I posted a guide on how to replace the motors for blend doors. If it is just the motor for the blend door it will cost about $40 from chrysler.

shears 06-10-2013 08:27 AM

The recall might have already been satisfied on your truck so when they pull up the info, it doesn't flag for them to perform it. I researched my symptoms on this forum and other sites and that is what it was. Your symptoms sound very similiar. I brought the truck to them and told them it is a problem with the actuator and to perform the recall (even though it was already done on my truck before i owned it). And that's what they did. Maybe you need to tell them to do it or they won't...

SnakeBoot 06-12-2013 10:59 PM

Dodge dealers give recall service bad taste!!!

:att:Unbelievable!!! Took 09 Ram Truck to dealer,3RD TIME (Dodge of Burns.)Showed and described the HVAC recall symptoms TSB- K-17 recall, and the service Advisor continually deny's that my truck symptoms are not part of the recall. Do I not understand ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What part of this am I missing. This truck had this recall fixed in 2010 before I bought it. It clearly needs the same recall fix again. WHATS UP WITH THIS. OR THE DEALERS.