DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   2009 4x4 alignment issues (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=144298)

Ryank 06-06-2013 06:47 PM

2009 4x4 alignment issues

Are these new dodges not very good at holding alignments? I had a leveling kit put on and have had 2 alignments since and it still won't drive right and I know the camber is out! I don't drive hard either

fastNugly @ BP 06-06-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryank (Post 1118637)
Are these new dodges not very good at holding alignments? I had a leveling kit put on and have had 2 alignments since and it still won't drive right and I know the camber is out! I don't drive hard either

Was the last 2 alignment done properly?
Mines on the same alignment and it's going on 7 months and zero issues.

dozer515 06-06-2013 08:15 PM

I put a level kit on my 2011 ram 1500 bighorn 4x4 and have had two alignments.
both were bad. the last one i had them rotate the tires and in 2000 miles the outside of my tires are wearing very noticeably. i can see the camber is off. the truck pulls hard right. i could have gotten my alignment closer in my garage without a laser alignment machine . It is not the machine.... or the truck.. It is the fact that it is hard to get anything done right anymore. what happened to taking pride in your work? From an oil change to an alignment to someone parking one of my cars, all the same results. I had my tires changed and they broke my tpms sensors, so i bought new ones. I went to the tire place and they installed and broke the 2 new ones. people are so disappointing lately. How grateful are you when you find someone who does their job well, that you are paying them to do...

Ryank 06-06-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly@discountautoperformance (Post 1118674)

That's what I'm thinking. Cause there is no way it's right!
Quote:

Originally Posted by dozer515 (Post 1118716)
I put a level kit on my 2011 ram 1500 bighorn 4x4 and have had two alignments.
both were bad. the last one i had them rotate the tires and in 2000 miles the outside of my tires are wearing very noticeably. i can see the camber is off. the truck pulls hard right. i could have gotten my alignment closer in my garage without a laser alignment machine . It is not the machine.... or the truck.. It is the fact that it is hard to get anything done right anymore. what happened to taking pride in your work? From an oil change to an alignment to someone parking one of my cars, all the same results. I had my tires changed and they broke my tpms sensors, so i bought new ones. I went to the tire place and they installed and broke the 2 new ones. people are so disappointing lately. How grateful are you when you find someone who does their job well, that you are paying them to do...

Ya it's so disappointing I wish i had the tools to do everything myself because you can't trust anyone anymore! The only thing I can do myself is brakes and oil changes.

Ronan 06-06-2013 09:38 PM

I had that problem once so far but I was driving pretty hard. They said my control was loose. Make sure all the eccentric are tightened. Good luck.

Swaggerville Ram 06-06-2013 10:21 PM

Mine was done after my tie rods were replaced due to recall some 2 years ago or so and it's been good. Lots of country roads.

Chickenhole 06-08-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNugly@discountautoperformance (Post 1118674)

yes, I guarantee your problem is improper alignment, your camber is out because they only adjusted your tow. I took my truck to get aligned once and the guy said that he couldn't adjust the camber, I left.:doh:

Ryank 06-14-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenhole (Post 1119953)
yes, I guarantee your problem is improper alignment, your camber is out because they only adjusted your tow. I took my truck to get aligned once and the guy said that he couldn't adjust the camber, I left.:doh:

that's what im hoping cause I know he said he adjusted the toe so im guessing he didn't care to mess with the chamber after that

WPG-RAM 06-14-2013 01:38 PM

I had a shop perform an alignment after I did the 2.5" HBS level. After 3,000 kms I'm seeing uneven wear on my two front tires on the outside. I'm going to realign right after I throw my new wheels & tires on.

gonefishin776 06-14-2013 01:46 PM

I know I only have a 2007 but after my level and 35"s my truck won't hold an alignment to save it's life. gettin it looked at on a brand new machine tomorrow morning.

I too think it's the operators at the place I took it