DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 3.6 Liter Pentastar V6 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=252)
-   -   3.6 4x4 test drive (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=144318)

Swaggerville Ram 06-06-2013 10:40 PM

3.6 4x4 test drive

Well I test drove a v6 4x4 the other day, I'm looking for a crew, but all they had on the lot was a quad. I must say I was impressed with it. It's not a hemi, but with the 8 Spd I found it quite acceptable. If it will average 10l/100 km I would be tickled with that. I find that we take the 09 a lot with the family and its a pita moving my tools, car seats for the kidlets back and forth, etc. A bit better fuel economy is a plus too.
I'm thinking of the truck as it can also be a company vehicle with my business. Hard to justify an SUV as a company truck from an insurance standpoint.

Everyone happy with their v6 trucks so far?

Rexer 06-07-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaggerville Ram (Post 1118834)
Well I test drove a v6 4x4 the other day, I'm looking for a crew, but all they had on the lot was a quad. I must say I was impressed with it. It's not a hemi, but with the 8 Spd I found it quite acceptable. If it will average 10l/100 km I would be tickled with that. I find that we take the 09 a lot with the family and its a pita moving my tools, car seats for the kidlets back and forth, etc. A bit better fuel economy is a plus too.
I'm thinking of the truck as it can also be a company vehicle with my business. Hard to justify an SUV as a company truck from an insurance standpoint.

Everyone happy with their v6 trucks so far?

For the most part I'm happy with mine. The "most part" was just due to a bad experience when I first got mine (I had that 1 in a million odds against ya luck), gas milage is pretty good as long as you take er easy and shes got sum pep when you need it. I havn't tried towing with it yet. If there was any question in particular that your looking for an answer to feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer or another will!

ramaries 06-09-2013 12:14 AM

A full size truck that gets 19-23 mpg - and you haven't bought it yet?
Whats not to like!
I will say that IMO if I lived in the mountains or needed to tow, or just didn't care about mileage, the v8 would be the better choice.

The v6 is SO dependent on driving style. If you want the higher mileage you have to work at it. I got 23 for a time on a 300 mile trip today, but when I quit paying attention it dropped to 21-22. And if I further don't pay attention, and floor it to pass, it will drop to 19.6 or so.

Swaggerville Ram 06-11-2013 05:49 PM

Thanks for the input. Pretty much tells me what I needed to know.
Have not bought it yet cause
A) they didn't have one in stock
B) I'm out of civilization right now working in camp
C) am enjoying no car payment for the time being

My wife will likely be driving most of the time (she drives easy), live on the prairies, will still have my current Ram if I "need" the extra power
So I will likely pull the trigger in the next few months on this one

LoneWolf4X4 06-11-2013 07:16 PM

Hi Guy's I picked up a new 2013 with the 3.6- 8 speed trans about 6 weeks ago so far I love it, power is good. most of my miles are HWY, I have been setting the cruse and I do have a cover on the box, best I have gotten so far was 28mpg.

Dmcphee13ram 06-12-2013 05:34 PM

Is that Canadian gallon or US gallon?

Swaggerville Ram 06-12-2013 10:22 PM

Either way, it's good
EVIC only reads MPG in US gallons.

LoneWolf4X4 06-12-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmcphee13ram (Post 1123572)
Is that Canadian gallon or US gallon?

Hi... that would be Canadian gallon.

Swaggerville Ram 08-31-2013 08:45 PM

Update

Pulled the trigger and bought a 13 SLT pentastar. Gave the salesman a build sheet for a 14, they had a 13 at one of their other stealerships that matched almost exactly, except for a couple non essentials. The deal was too good to pass up. I'll be picking it up early next week. Super stoked, hope the wife likes it.
FWIW I did NOT trade my 09 hemi in on it either.:smileup:

Astartes 09-01-2013 12:10 PM

The pentastar is a decent engine. I liked it in my charger till a cylinder head cracked at 20,000 miles. lol