DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   DO NOT break your mirror(s) (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=144398)

Backlash 06-08-2013 01:06 AM

DO NOT break your mirror(s)

Just a tidbit of information for those who might be interested. I had a '09 Big Horn that I broke a mirror on that wasn't warranty and it cost me $280(incl. tax) for a new one which I installed myself. Fast forward to current day...I now have a '13 Sport C/C and of course it has the body color, heated, auto-dimming, power folding mirrors. Anyhoo...my drivers side mirror needed warranty replacement and I happened to see the service dept invoice for the new one and it said $576 just for one mirror!!!:Wow1: When I expressed my shock to the service writer he said, "that's what WE pay for warranty replacement, If YOU had to pay for it out of YOUR pocket, non-warranty, it would cost you about $780":SHOCKED:
So my recommendation would be....DON'T BREAK YOUR MIRRORS:str:

If I do, I'll be on here looking to sell one of my kidneys!

gonefishin776 06-08-2013 01:07 AM

ya..learn how to drive. don't break your mirror, any respectable man driving a truck won't break a mirror

GTyankee 06-08-2013 02:44 AM

on my street, you have to fold in your mirrors when you park
if the construction trucks with boards & ladders hanging out the passenger side
its the street punks taking out your mirrors with pellet guns & baseball bats

gonefishin776 06-08-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTyankee (Post 1119679)
on my street, you have to fold in your mirrors when you park
if the construction trucks with boards & ladders hanging out the passenger side
its the street punks taking out your mirrors with pellet guns & baseball bats

that's how it is in the inner city of Baltimore Maryland. punk ass kids

Asur 06-08-2013 08:03 AM

Where I live they don't break the mirrors, they just take the whole damn truck.

11silverslt 06-08-2013 08:55 AM

Broke a mirror once in a car wash, got a new heated power mirror from rock auto online for 57.00 and installed it myself ! Looks exactly the same as oem and cheaper too......

nikeman 06-08-2013 09:38 AM

They didn't get the nickname "stealership" for no reason.

huntergreen 06-08-2013 09:52 AM

learned about this in 04, they are expensive.

Chunkem 06-08-2013 12:35 PM

WOW.....That's a lot of jack......Thanks for posting......Wonder if the dealer would give it to you for what they pay.....Good idea....Where I'm living they have been stealing the rims and tires along with tailgates from the lots of dealerships.....

TVL 06-08-2013 04:04 PM

Yep, I learned that lesson too... Broke my passenger side mirror backing out of the garage. I was trying not to hit my wife's jeep (she parked too close) and I wasn't watching the passenger mirror. It somehow wedged itself between the doorway and the garage door track. $550 mistake. I guess I'm not very respectable!:LOL: