DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Ram vs F150 (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=144424)

ruger77 06-08-2013 12:39 PM

Ram vs F150

Ran my buddies F150 finally after he has been telling me that it would kill my Ram. It was pretty quick out of the hole and had me by a truck at 30mph and at 60mph we were dead even. Then the Hemi started breathing and at 90mph had him by 2 trucks then at 97mph his limiter kicked in and I was 3 trucks ahead! My truck is an 2011 Quadcab 4x4 with 3.55 posi with Magnaflow swap and S&B CAI. His is a 2012 F150 5.0 extended cab 4x4 with 3.73 posi with magnaflow duals, K&N CAI, 180 deg. stat, and some kind of throttle body swap! He said his truck feels so fast he cant believe he lost. But he came from an 06 F150 5.4 and it was so slow!

RadioFlyer 06-08-2013 10:45 PM

Nice kill, I think they are around 360 hp so they're no slouch. They should run even better in their RCSB with 3.55 gears. I checked their builds and you can get a RCSB 3.55 in an XL model so I'd say that's a REAL nice kill. :smileup:

chefred112 06-08-2013 11:43 PM

nice kill..are you runnin a 180 tstat?

Dragpac 06-09-2013 06:56 AM

I do know the ram is faster in stock form but I also owned a 2011 F150 rcsb and once you add the tunes in both trucks with parts I believe the Ford is better.
My F150 with tune,cai,exhaust and a drag radial went 13.0's and with gears,stall,headers and cam it ran 12.60's just my opion.both trucks are very quick!

RadioFlyer 06-09-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragpac (Post 1120293)
I do know the ram is faster in stock form but I also owned a 2011 F150 rcsb and once you add the tunes in both trucks with parts I believe the Ford is better.
My F150 with tune,cai,exhaust and a drag radial went 13.0's and with gears,stall,headers and cam it ran 12.60's just my opion.both trucks are very quick!

You must be mistaken...you can't cam a 5.0, you have to CAMS it. Reason why I don't like them too much but they are reasonaly priced for the speed and power. None the less, must have costed you a pretty penny to change out four cams. I haven't seen one that fast yet, what were the specs? Got some time slips you can post up...thx. What makes the 5.0 so fast is the four cams and of course the high rpms from the extra valves but it's a pitta to cam it. Could you share your experience camming it, thx.

maust1 06-09-2013 03:02 PM

No replacement for displacement.

autobred 06-09-2013 04:32 PM

the ford rcsb is running about a half second faster n/a with mods than a gen 4 ram modded n/a according to all the threads, forums, et slips, etc... Ive seen dragpac laydown mid 12s runs n/a at MIR personally.

RadioFlyer 06-09-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autobred (Post 1120571)
the ford rcsb is running about a half second faster n/a with mods than a gen 4 ram modded n/a according to all the threads, forums, et slips, etc... Ive seen dragpac laydown mid 12s runs n/a at MIR personally.

I'm not disputing anything he said. I was actually just funning about the difficulties of a twin overhead cam swap. And I'm currious about his pros and cons doing it and the cam specs...that's all. :smileup: I live around Lake Charles, La and haven't seen any streeters (5.0 trucks) that fast around here. Lots of 11 sec Chevy S10 streeters but haven't seen any Fords hanging with them. I might be in the 13's at best and I haven't seen any eco boost, Raptor or 5.0 give me a close race yet, no pun intended. Not saying they aren't out there...I'm always looking for them. Never paid much attention to the 5.0's after dusting a freinds CC. Guess I'll have to check them out now. Currious as to why he would get rid of a faster truck in place of a slower one. Just to let you know, I am a dedicated Mopar fannatic but I would buy a 5.0 Mustang @10k cheaper than even an SRT8 Core if it were'nt for the 10' timing chain and scarey sounding multiple cam swaps. I do like them though, nice and reasonable price for that much muscle but need to learn more about them. All said, funny you mention them laying down good times. Every Ford I raced gave up in less than an 1/8 mile of racing...sometimes within the first block. Same thing with two Tundras I raced, they all gave up so none of them have impressed me. I have to admit, I never ran a 5.0 RCSB that I'm aware of but I'll be looking for them now. Anyway, congrats to Dragpac for his 12 sec truck and same to the OP here for beating a 5.0. I hope he can do better with his 13 RT. EDIT: Btw, are you talking about Boss5.0? He's the only truck I see in the twelves on their forums. I see a couple in the 13's modded but I don't see any more than I do with Hemi Rams. As a matter of fact I see both stock and modded 4'th gen hemis doing better than them. I could have went to the wrong forum looking

autobred 06-09-2013 08:07 PM

you did ask him for an et slip right? I thought its sacreligious to ask for a shed of proof on the kill threads:LOL:

RadioFlyer 06-09-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autobred (Post 1120748)
you did ask him for an et slip right? I thought its sacreligious to ask for a shed of proof on the kill threads:LOL:

lol, np! I figure a kill thread is a street kill, no times slips there so no need to ask however he 's not the OP. None the less, I found his timeslips with a little digging thank you. :smileup: Looks like him and Boss5.0 are the only na 12 sec trucks that I can see so far. And for the record, I wasn't EVER aware that the 5.0 F150 resembled the Coyote 5.0 in any way until this thread. Shows how much I know about them. :i_redface: I see that they're using their cams and intakes for mods...good deal. I also see that they are not running much better if at all when tunned the same way IMO of course. But they both fast so I'll let it go at that. They're shifting out at 65 and 6700 rpms, that's the OH cams doing that. I'm happy for Dragpac, with his 5.0 experience he should do well in his new RAM. He just needs to get around that new pcm...