DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   awesome rc trucks (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=144508)

double0ram 06-09-2013 07:22 PM

awesome rc trucks

found this video... absolutely hilarious filming of some pretty wicked rc trucks. definitely worth watching all of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH7L...e_gdata_player

ShawnC13 06-09-2013 07:32 PM

That was very cool!!!

double0ram 06-09-2013 07:37 PM

I loved the music playing when the big rig steps in lol. very dramatic haha

Chunkem 06-10-2013 04:03 PM

Those are cool....My son races the 1/5 gas powered monster trucks.....One actually goes 104 km per hour......Pretty fast for a 9 year old...The fun is then dad gets to clean it and fix it but as long as he has fun,,,,,,Whos kidding who....I have a blast....My wife just shakes her head.....LOL

double0ram 06-10-2013 06:42 PM

I found this video because a friend of mine brought over his rc truck. spent a good portion of the night beating the thing to death and had a blast. he's now convinced me to invest in one.

after quite some time looking at prices and options, I ended up on YouTube lol.

now for the part that relates to the forum, I'm getting a rc truck, Traxxas Slash, with the optional 4th Gen Ram body! looks more like a ramrunner... pretty darn excited for this

gonefishin776 06-10-2013 07:10 PM

hahah probably the coolest
thing I've seen!! maybe I should take this up instead of destroying my actual truck off road.

used to have a gas rc truck, traxxis, older one. just sold it on Craigslist. more for speed and dirt track than mudding and offroad like these. these are way cooler!!

double0ram 06-10-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin776 (Post 1121623)
hahah probably the coolest
thing I've seen!! maybe I should take this up instead of destroying my actual truck off road.

used to have a gas rc truck, traxxis, older one. just sold it on Craigslist. more for speed and dirt track than mudding and offroad like these. these are way cooler!!

exactly my thought! but I've been without a truck now for over half a year and the second I get a chance I'll take my real one out mudding. but until then, I'm gunna enjoy me some fast rc trucks lol

Warlock III 06-11-2013 10:30 AM

OMG that was funny. As soon as the music started I started laughing, and then 46 seconds in when the truck hit the rock and stopped it couldn't have been timed better...When the Rig makes it's entrance I just about lost it.

These guys have more time to waste on their hands than we do.

The ONLY thing that could have made it better would be to maybe slow it down by 1/3.

Nice job Oh oh.

double0ram 06-11-2013 10:45 AM

thanks Drew.

so last night I put in an order for my rc truck. ordered a Traxxas Slash 4x4 Ultimate, a red and black Ramrunner. I opted to run electric instead of the nitro gas series, because batteries can be recharged over and over, vs paying for the gas (it's something like 20%methane 80% gas?) Between now and the arrival of the truck, I need to make a trip to a local hobby shop for some LiPo batteries, 2s styles. later down the road I'll invest in some 3s LiPo bats. My friend says the 3s LiPo are like installing nitrous and a good tune for it on your truck compared to the 2s LiPo. might have to get some slicks for it and a radar gun LOL

anyway, I'm thinking maybe a GoPro mounted to the truck for some videos? if the Z population is interested I just may do that and start a series of them.

AND there's a track built in my friends backyard, so there is a group forming in the near future for some racing and overall fun. definitely looking forward to satisfying my mod itch in a whole new light...

gonefishin776 06-11-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by double0ram (Post 1122238)
thanks Drew.

so last night I put in an order for my rc truck. ordered a Traxxas Slash 4x4 Ultimate, a red and black Ramrunner. I opted to run electric instead of the nitro gas series, because batteries can be recharged over and over, vs paying for the gas (it's something like 20%methane 80% gas?) Between now and the arrival of the truck, I need to make a trip to a local hobby shop for some LiPo batteries, 2s styles. later down the road I'll invest in some 3s LiPo bats. My friend says the 3s LiPo are like installing nitrous and a good tune for it on your truck compared to the 2s LiPo. might have to get some slicks for it and a radar gun LOL

anyway, I'm thinking maybe a GoPro mounted to the truck for some videos? if the Z population is interested I just may do that and start a series of them.

AND there's a track built in my friends backyard, so there is a group forming in the near future for some racing and overall fun. definitely looking forward to satisfying my mod itch in a whole new light...

totally down to follow this!