DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Hell Bent Steel - Dodge Ram Leveling Kits and Steering! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   leveling question (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=144632)

dozerboi 06-11-2013 09:24 AM

leveling question

I bought my ram last month I decided to add a level kit I Wang to run 35s on the factory 20s I read and read online forms so I bought a 2.5" leveling kit when it came in it only measured our 1.5" so I went to install anyways found bout after taking the shock out it all ready has one on top of the shock same piece but my truck still leans hard in the nose I measured it I have 38.25 in the front and 41.25 in back looks goofy someone help can I stuff 35 like this and why is the back so high

gonefishin776 06-11-2013 09:39 AM

punctuation is your best friend man. geez that was hard to read!!

u think ur truck already had a level spacer in it?? I'm confused

dozerboi 06-11-2013 10:06 AM

I'm not sure. sorry I'm on my phone tiny screen. I want to see if the measurements on my front reflect those of a leveled truck like mine

gonefishin776 06-11-2013 10:40 AM

Are you sure it was a spacer or just the top mount? they look similar, the spacer just goes on top of that. you are unlevel by about 3 inches..which seems normal for a stock truck.

dozerboi 06-11-2013 02:49 PM

Not sure they look the same two triangles welded to a pipe

brandonjansen 06-11-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin776 (Post 1122165)

Haha, yes! This ^^

OP, if your truck had a spacer on it to begin with it you would definitely know. It would be bolted on top of the strut. If there was no bolts/nuts on top of your strut (other than the studs that go into the strut tower) you didn't have a spacer.

The HBS 2.5" spacer is not actually 2.5" tall.... I believe it's around 2.25". Turning the strut around 180 degrees when you install it also gives you more lift to achieve the full 2.5" of front end lift. But if yours was only 1.5" I'm wondering if they sent you the 2" spacer? :4-dontknow: But that wouldn't really make sense because of your height measurement. To me your front end seems right on.... it's your back end that seems really high. With my 2.5" HBS level and 0.75" rear spacers I was at 37.5-ish on the front and 39.5-ish on the back. That was on 31.5" tires. Now on 35's I'm at 39.5-ish on the front and 41.5 ish on the back. So as I said, if you're on stock tires your back end seems really high to me. I'd get under there and check if there's a coil spacer or aftermarket springs.

dozerboi 06-12-2013 11:17 PM

Im on 275 60 20 tires im not sure on the back ive looked I dont
see anything out of the ordnary

Wh1t3nukle 06-13-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dozerboi (Post 1122153)
I bought my ram last month I decided to add a level kit I Wang to run 35s on the factory 20s I read and read online forms so I bought a 2.5" leveling kit when it came in it only measured our 1.5" so I went to install anyways found bout after taking the shock out it all ready has one on top of the shock same piece but my truck still leans hard in the nose I measured it I have 38.25 in the front and 41.25 in back looks goofy someone help can I stuff 35 like this and why is the back so high

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin776 (Post 1122165)

u think ur truck already had a level spacer in it?? I'm confused

agreed gonefishin... :Hey:

dozerbol -- Is this a 4x4 or 4x2? We really need a picture showing what you have as there are key questions not being addressed to give you better input.

For example, this what the HBS spacers look like for a 4x4 as they are located on TOP of the coil springs:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps7c808d95.jpg

Please get a picture, either driver or passenger side, looking from the side such that we can see the shock mounting clear enough. Then another shot of the entire truck from the side to see "level" status.

brandonjansen 06-13-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wh1t3nukle (Post 1124185)
agreed gonefishin... :Hey:

dozerbol -- Is this a 4x4 or 4x2? We really need a picture showing what you have as there are key questions not being addressed to give you better input.

For example, this what the HBS spacers look like for a 4x4 as they are located on TOP of the coil springs:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps7c808d95.jpg

Please get a picture, either driver or passenger side, looking from the side such that we can see the shock mounting clear enough. Then another shot of the entire truck from the side to see "level" status.

^^ That is a lot different that what his will look like though. The 4th gens have struts, not just coil springs. So really that isn't a good comparison.

Agreed that pictures will definitely help though.