DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lift Help Newbie (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=144680)

SilverRam318 06-11-2013 07:25 PM

Lift Help Newbie

OK so I have a 6 inch zone lift on my RAM then installed billsteins at 1.4. Then moved them to 2.8. However took it to shop today to have a rear coil replaced and they said that the billsteins are doing more damage then good to my truck? they said that the zone preloaded spacer in the front has to be removed and left out the truck in order to properly install the bilsteins said causes to much stress on coil? Was the zone spacer supposed to be removed permatley to install billsteins? any help would be appreciated

Chickenhole 06-12-2013 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverRam318 (Post 1122675)
OK so I have a 6 inch zone lift on my RAM then installed billsteins at 1.4. Then moved them to 2.8. However took it to shop today to have a rear coil replaced and they said that the billsteins are doing more damage then good to my truck? they said that the zone preloaded spacer in the front has to be removed and left out the truck in order to properly install the bilsteins said causes to much stress on coil? Was the zone spacer supposed to be removed permatley to install billsteins? any help would be appreciated

How does your truck drive with the bils @ 2.8? Lots of guys run bils on top on their suspension lift.

fastNugly @ BP 06-12-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverRam318 (Post 1122675)

yes they are right!!!
REMOVE THAT PRE-LOAD ASAP!

You CANNOT stack a pre-load and the Bilsteins. The only thing that stays is the strut spacer block.

But I am guessing the Bilsteins are already installed and they did remove the pre-load? If so, that is a good thing.
Plus, it would be VERY difficult to install the Bilsteins with that pre-load in and your CVs would be jacked at a ridiculous angle

brandonjansen 06-12-2013 12:45 PM

Yup, what fastNugly said ^^ You definitely can't be running the preload spacers on Bilsteins. Remove those and just set your Bilsteins to the height you want. I could see 2.8" really pushing the limit. What are you control arm and CV shaft angles like with the Bilsteins that high? I'd consider putting them down to 2.1" to be safe.

SilverRam318 06-13-2013 10:44 PM

thanks for the help guys.
Now I have a new problem I took in to my shop today and we removed the small preloaded spacer but didnt really make much difference in height. Ive went to shops all around Delaware and nobody knows how to work on bilsteins? I just want to get as close as level as i can but im running into problem after problem. Now the driver side of the truck is sitting about a inch lower then the passanger both sides are on 1.4 setting and the lift shop said the bilsteins are causing the problem( we swapped the rear coils thinking maybe that and nothing). Any ideas? Every shop has pretty much given up on me saying just deal with the rake and hope the trucks leans back to level. im starting to regret the lift i had no idea this kinda problems came with it

Sorry posted in wrong thread earlier :LOL: