DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Body & Interior (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   No sound infinity audio (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=144793)

97ramsport1500 06-12-2013 09:28 PM

No sound infinity audio
 
Have a 1997 Ram with infinity audio someone installed an alpine deck in it sound worked great when I got the truck now the passengers front speaker quit and all the rest work you can hear the speaker producing a low bass noise that's it. I checked all the wiring and its all in place.. what gives?

RowdyRam 06-13-2013 12:24 PM

possibly a blown speaker?

Warlock III 06-13-2013 12:32 PM

The infinity has a factory installed amplifier, and 4 wires running to the speakers.

If I recall, the entire system is dependent on the factory amp. That usually means that it's an all or nothing scenario. However since you have bass it sounds as if you have at least power going to the amp. I'd start by checking all of the connections especially behind the head unit. It almost sounds as though the PO wired the speakers independently and the tweets directly to the unit.

However, it does sound as though it's just a blown speaker.

97ramsport1500 06-13-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock III (Post 1124255)
The infinity has a factory installed amplifier, and 4 wires running to the speakers.

If I recall, the entire system is dependent on the factory amp. That usually means that it's an all or nothing scenario. However since you have bass it sounds as if you have at least power going to the amp. I'd start by checking all of the connections especially behind the head unit. It almost sounds as though the PO wired the speakers independently and the tweets directly to the unit.

However, it does sound as though it's just a blown speaker.

I think it may be a blown speaker, although I hope its not... Was I really listening to Def Leppard that loud? Lol, umm I'm not sure what the PO did, the Amp turn on wire appears to be disconnected, and there is a nunch of wire harnesses back there. I guess I will have to troubleshoot later on tonight or tomorrow depending when I get off work, I think i'll disconnect the drivers front speaker and connect the leads to the passenger output on the HU and then connect the passengers speaker to the drivers output and see what happens.. Will report back..

97ramsport1500 06-14-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock III (Post 1124255)
The infinity has a factory installed amplifier, and 4 wires running to the speakers.

If I recall, the entire system is dependent on the factory amp. That usually means that it's an all or nothing scenario. However since you have bass it sounds as if you have at least power going to the amp. I'd start by checking all of the connections especially behind the head unit. It almost sounds as though the PO wired the speakers independently and the tweets directly to the unit.

However, it does sound as though it's just a blown speaker.

I said screw it and reassembled everything and the woofer on the passenger door is producing sound yet no sound out the tweeter still, also sounds like the Infinity Amp is still functional since when you plug the harness for the stereo in, you hear a tick in the dash and the speakers burp.

Warlock III 06-14-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97ramsport1500 (Post 1124555)
I think it may be a blown speaker, although I hope its not... Was I really listening to Def Leppard that loud? Lol, umm I'm not sure what the PO did, the Amp turn on wire appears to be disconnected, and there is a nunch of wire harnesses back there. I guess I will have to troubleshoot later on tonight or tomorrow depending when I get off work, I think i'll disconnect the drivers front speaker and connect the leads to the passenger output on the HU and then connect the passengers speaker to the drivers output and see what happens.. Will report back..


They may have never messed with the factory amp/wiring. The (Blue?) antenna/trigger wire probably wasn't connected because of that.

97ramsport1500 06-14-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock III (Post 1125376)
They may have never messed with the factory amp/wiring. The (Blue?) antenna/trigger wire probably wasn't connected because of that.

I have a few blue wires and they are all labeled, Power Ant, Power Ant, and Amp Turn on, Amp turn on isn't connect to anything, and to get power to the headunit once the harness is connected to the back you need to have the Antenna plugged in, if that gives you any clues.

Warlock III 06-14-2013 09:54 PM

Yeah, the PO used the antenna as the ground and the black ground wire isn't hooked up.

97ramsport1500 07-17-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock III (Post 1125537)
Yeah, the PO used the antenna as the ground and the black ground wire isn't hooked up.

I repaired my Passenger Door Speaker, turns out all I had to do was remove the speaker and slam it into the door where the capacitors and stuff are located and the speaker started firing, simple as that, as for my tweeter, the previous owner had removed it and not connected one, so I found a old house speaker, and removed the tweeter from it, sounds pretty good, I am thinking now though the Drivers Side doesn't have a tweeter, luckily the door panels are simple enough to remove so I will get at that tomorrow.

Thank you for all your help!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger