DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Nitrous Install (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=145186)

Steermaster 06-16-2013 08:06 AM

Nitrous Install

I recently installed a wet nitrous system into my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. It like crack juice! :SHOCKED: It was fairly simple. The only thing that is different is installing the wide open throttle (WOT) wire so that it does not confuse the computer with wrong voltages. The steel braided line from the tank to the unit(unit mounted on side of air box) ran cleanly through a pre drilled hole behind the seat. There is just a plastic insert, easily visible once you remove the cargo storage unit behind the seat and lift up the carpet. If you are unsure where it is still, simply put a flashlight under the truck and look for light coming through the white plastic cap. Any questions please feel free to ask. I also installed a 3 guage pod up the side. Oil Pressure(MECH) Tran Temp(Auto) and nitrous pressure.

For some reason it will not allow me to upload photos so please msg me if you need help or some photos to aid your thoughts.

CdnoilRAM 06-16-2013 11:49 AM

Your photos are probably too large. Try updating them to photobucket and posting the img link.

Which kit did you buy? Throttle plate injection or just nozzle in the intake tube? What size shot? Colder plugs? Just trying to see how yours is set up compared to the many others on here.

Steermaster 06-16-2013 05:10 PM

Ok I will try that when i get off work today, as for the kit:

ZEX Hemi Truck "Blackout" wet shot.
75, 100, 125 shot (currently using the 125 shot)
I had it tuned/dyno and running just under 400 HP and i just have simple bolt ons. Air, 3800 stall TC, trinity, exhaust.

I went with the intake tube installation, VERY simple to do comes with a nice mounting nut for the nozzle and easily accessible for changing jets out.
I went with the NGK Iridium cold plugs (16 of em :doh:) it was a tad expenive about 170$ and i did the work myself. My advice remove your air box for easier access!!!!
I also bought a ZEX TC Window switch which doesnt allow the nitrous to kick until 2k and kick out around 5800rpm. There was small LT knock before the switch which is totally fine , about 2.5-3 ( you will see about 5-7 LT knock on a N/A motor when your getting into it around 5-7) obviously NO knock is best ... so once i installed the window switch there was no knock! Photos to come soon

S.C. Express 06-16-2013 05:37 PM

Photos?!PFFT. I wanna ride! Seriously, get us a track pass with a GoPro or have a friend vid it for us please. Sounds like fun.

Steermaster 06-16-2013 07:56 PM

S.C. come on down to Colorado and your more than welcome! I have 2 GoPro cams so I will video it next time I go to the track! I also have the purge kit in the front so it dual purges like a bull out the front grill :)

CdnoilRAM 06-17-2013 12:17 AM

I would recommend dropping your cutoff RPM down to 5400-5500 as the trans begins shifting at 5600-5700 and you can easily overrun the engine or bounce off the rev limiter and put it into limp mode, which can have very bad results at the track. That is, unless your tune allows you to rev to 6200, which isn't a great idea unless you have upgraded the springs.

If you want to spare your trans, the 2K is a good starting rpm, you might even just run a skip shift and spray all the way down the track; I know I blew through my 1st gear in a hurry when I was spraying off the line.

One stage colder as you are now is about the limit of the plugs for the 125 shot, if you want to go bigger I'd look at a set of Brisk plugs, they're shielded and shed heat better so you don't start cooking the projected tips like you do on the NGKs. I've cooked a few NGK ground straps running my throttle plate system at 150 and those were 2 stages colder.

You might get stopped by a tech guy at a track because of the mechanical oil gauge in the pillar, some tracks don't allow fluids to be piped into the cab, especially fuel, coolant, or oil, but it's totally dependent on the track.

Steermaster 06-17-2013 12:30 AM

Thanks for lookin out, Im not sure wher emy tune has me shifting but i might as well move it down since i still want to be able to drive it home at the end of the day. as far as running skip shift?? is that within my tune?