DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Washing & Waxing (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   What truck wash soap works best? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=145266)

Big Pappa 06-17-2013 08:25 AM

What truck wash soap works best?

Hi Boys!

What soap works best for you?

I refuse to use shammy....what do you recommend for a spot free finish?

I hope there is a clear cut winner!

Big Pappa

gonefishin776 06-17-2013 08:28 AM

while you wait for your responses, you might find some good info here:http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdispla...ysprune=&f=149

a section dedicated just to washing/waxing.

Big Pappa 06-17-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin776 (Post 1127724)
while you wait for your responses, you might find some good info here:http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdispla...ysprune=&f=149

a section dedicated just to washing/waxing.

Grrrrrrrreat thread! Thanks boss!:3stooges:

ILuvaMyTrucka 06-17-2013 08:41 AM

I use Optimum Car Wash.

For a spot free finish I use an electric leaf blower.

Big Pappa 06-17-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILuvaMyTrucka (Post 1127733)
I use Optimum Car Wash.

I never thought of using my leaf blower...I will have to try that.

I will acknowledge your genius if it works.:redxbang:

highlandchef 06-17-2013 10:10 AM

Lately I switched to Mothers California Gold Carnauba Wash and Wax. I was very pleased with the results and had no spotting even though I was washing the truck with little available shade. There wasn't any spotting even on parts of the car that dried before I could get to them.

I know you don't like shammies but I use one as part of a two step drying process. I go section by section but i get the worst of the water off with the shammy and then finish drying with a microfiber drying towel.

Grimass 06-17-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

HA! I use my Gas Blower... (I use my leaf blower for everything...) Every time someone sees me doing it, they get that look on their face like "What the heck have I never thought of that..."

Also, they have since been discontinued, but the Mr. Clean R/O water cartridges were great... If you rinsed your truck down with one of those, and then hit it with the blower -- Spot free, every time!!!

bigbody 06-17-2013 10:53 AM

Fukken wax! It's a waterless wash/wax in a spray can works great and leaves wax finish

Irv 06-17-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highlandchef (Post 1127790)
Lately I switched to Mothers California Gold Carnauba Wash and Wax. I was very pleased with the results and had no spotting even though I was washing the truck with little available shade. There wasn't any spotting even on parts of the car that dried before I could get to them.

I know you don't like shammies but I use one as part of a two step drying process. I go section by section but i get the worst of the water off with the shammy and then finish drying with a microfiber drying towel.

I'll have to try that. For yrs I have been using Turtle wax car wash soap and have always liked it as it left a decent shine after it was done but I do notice I get a fair amount of spotting with it.

As far as drying, I now use nothing but Microfiber towels as I read on a few car detail sites (auotpia.org and autogeek.com) that they are not thick/abosorbent enough to keep small missed particles away from the paint?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimass (Post 1127807)
HA! I use my Gas Blower... (I use my leaf blower for everything...) Every time someone sees me doing it, they get that look on their face like "What the heck have I never thought of that..."

Also, they have since been discontinued, but the Mr. Clean R/O water cartridges were great... If you rinsed your truck down with one of those, and then hit it with the blower -- Spot free, every time!!!

Wondered if they were still available or not?
I use to use one with great results but for some reason I got away from it?

I still have my old spray gun and some soap left and was thinking about re-using it, but I guess there isn't much sense now.

As far as waxing goes, I swear by Collinite 845 Insulator wax as it is by far the longest lasting wax I have ever used.
I also like the fact that you can get in on your black plastic trim pieces and it doesn't leave a stain or spot where you accidently rub it while waxing.

primo spaghetti 06-17-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

I use Optimum Car Wash.

for sure...

also you can get a waffle weave towel for drying the little bit of water the leaf blower leaves behind...:LOL:

seriously though, to get a spot free dry on the ram, look to this stuff...

Meguiar's 34 it is a great drying aid.

here is a list of AWESOME shampoos for traditional washes;

Sonax Car Shampoo
Meguiar's 62
Duragloss 901
Einszett Perls

for rinseless or waterless washes,
ONR
ONRWW
ultima WW