DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Pictures - Photos (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   WINDOWS TINTED TODAY (pic) (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=145307)

Lebrun186 06-17-2013 07:10 PM

WINDOWS TINTED TODAY (pic)

1 Attachment(s)
20% on the sides 6" brow on the shield

Attachment 36686

Irv 06-17-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebrun186 (Post 1128135)
20% on the sides 6" brow on the shield

Attachment 36686

Looks sharp!

Mine is going in tomorrow night at 4 for the same thing.

Not sure what I am allowed here in Ont Canada, but hopefully 20% just like your's?

brandonjansen 06-17-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irv (Post 1128140)
Looks sharp!

Not sure what I am allowed here in Ont Canada, but hopefully 20% just like your's?

I know in BC you aren't legally allowed to have any tint on your front windows. I'm pretty sure all of Canada has that same law. However there are lots of guys who run it anyways and get away with it. But just a heads up that there always is a possibility of getting a ticket for it.

Lebrun186 06-17-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irv (Post 1128140)
Looks sharp!

Thanks!! 20% is illegal in most of the states but I've never had an issue.. Knock on wood

Irv 06-17-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjansen (Post 1128143)
I know in BC you aren't legally allowed to have any tint on your front windows. I'm pretty sure all of Canada has that same law. However there are lots of guys who run it anyways and get away with it. But just a heads up that there always is a possibility of getting a ticket for it.

Sorry, meant to say just the sides are getting done, not the front.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebrun186 (Post 1128146)
Thanks!! 20% is illegal in most of the states but I've never had an issue.. Knock on wood

I basically want mine to match the rears, whatever that is from the factory?

My last two trucks matched the rear windows so I am unsure of the Number, but I thought 20 sounded correct?

I noticed once all the windows are done, it looks much darker than just having the rears tinted so even if it is not 20, I am sure the legal number will be just fine.
(I'll post pics as well and find out # for sure from the installer)

brandonjansen 06-17-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irv (Post 1128164)
Sorry, meant to say just the sides are getting done, not the front.

Now for the clarification on my part. lol. By front windows I meant the windshield and both front side windows. Legally none of them are allowed to be tinted. Only the back window and the back side windows.

Irv 06-17-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjansen (Post 1128178)
Now for the clarification on my part. lol. By front windows I meant the windshield and both front side windows. Legally none of them are allowed to be tinted. Only the back window and the back side windows.

I don't believe it is against the law here in Ontario to have your sides tinted as long as they are the "legal" limit?

I could be wrong though, but all my vehicles, since I turned 16 (49 now) have all had the side windows tinted and not once have I ever been told/fined about them, even during a speeding ticket stop.

brandonjansen 06-17-2013 08:15 PM

Here's what I found when I did a quick google search:

whereby the surface of the windshield or any side window to the left or right of the driver cannot be coated with any colour spray or other colour coating in such a manner as to obstruct the driver’s view of the roadway, or obscure the view from outside to the interior of the motor vehicle.”

Because Ontario regulations don’t specify a measure of light that must pass through the window, it’s up to the officer’s visual judgment to determine if safety is being comprised.

So as long as you don't go darker than 30% you should be good to go! I'm thinking I need to look into what the BC law says exactly now... I'd love to tint my front windows.

stuabroad 06-18-2013 12:13 AM

Here in Edmonton they have a reputation for enforcing a complete ban on tints. Itís against the law in Alberta to install, replace or cover the window glazing in a windshield or a front side window with a transparent, translucent or opaque material.

I just sold my 2011 Mustang convertible which had a 20% tint on the side and back windows. I got nearly 9 tickets for having a heavy foot last year, so i decided to giver her up and buy this truck. Was getting into too much trouble :) http://4drive.ca/car/ford/mustang/5_gen/stuabroad/1

Anyways enforcing the tint fine is the discretion of the Police Officer. That's what i found: on a few occasions when i got pulled at a random stop or radar - they didn't always do me for the tints...when i knew i was getting pulled i got the windows down right away ;).

I did get a couple for $57...one for $115 and one for $175 by a kamikaze RCMP dude having a bad day (probably drove a Camaro lol)

Not sure if i need it in the truck, kinda think it looks good as it is; thought could maybe go for a 15% tint on the sides...:shy: !

Chunkem 06-23-2013 12:40 AM

Looks really good.....Nicely done.....