DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What is it? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=145328)

br8keit 06-17-2013 09:34 PM

What is it?

I see all of you can rhyme off what your truck is and it seems like it is a lot of info. can anyone tell me how to find out what mine is , other then a 2001 ram 1500 with the v8 magnum, I know it is 4x4 off road and i think it is sport, dont laugh, i am new and hope to have it down fast lol, thanks all, also any suggestions for maintenance, i am going to prtend the previous did nothing and start fresh, so anything that might help out, let me know.

the persuader 06-17-2013 10:46 PM

Congrats on your new truck!

Look at my truck. I have an 01 Sport Offroad Edition.

Easy way to tell: Sport has body color front and rear bumpers and quad beam headlights.

Offroad Edition will say 4x4 Offroad on the tailgate and you can check to see if the front axle housing is trussed, or reinforced. It also sits up higher stock and came with 17x8 inch rims with 33" tires.

I would change all the fluids and filters. Transmission fluid, oil, transfer case, axles, etc. Change the sparkplugs, distributor cap and rotor. Check to see if your plenum gasket is good. Jack up the front end and rock the tire back and forth to check your ball joints and steering for wear.

Mine has been a good truck, but it sucks gas like no other. I average about 11 city and 13-14 highway. I'm battling a/c issues right now.

DarthRam 06-17-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the persuader (Post 1128360)
Mine has been a good truck, but it sucks gas like no other. I average about 11 city and 13-14 highway. I'm battling a/c issues right now.

You are not kidding. When I went from my 2000 Sport to my 2013 Sport my MPG doubled!

CaptDuff 06-18-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the persuader (Post 1128360)
Easy way to tell: Sport has body color front and rear bumpers and quad beam headlights.

Dito that, the headlights should be clear and see through, other models that I saw quad lights were not see through/clear I think. Also there should be a little plastic emblem piece on the back of the cab that says "SPORT." At least my old 2001 Ram did.

RedSmart 06-18-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by br8keit (Post 1128289)
I see all of you can rhyme off what your truck is and it seems like it is a lot of info. can anyone tell me how to find out what mine is , other then a 2001 ram 1500 with the v8 magnum, I know it is 4x4 off road and i think it is sport, dont laugh, i am new and hope to have it down fast lol, thanks all, also any suggestions for maintenance, i am going to prtend the previous did nothing and start fresh, so anything that might help out, let me know.

Any chance you can post a pic of your truck?

the persuader 06-18-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptDuff (Post 1128542)
Dito that, the headlights should be clear and see through, other models that I saw quad lights were not see through/clear I think. Also there should be a little plastic emblem piece on the back of the cab that says "SPORT." At least my old 2001 Ram did.

Yep, mine have those badges behind the rear doors on the C pillars.