DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Do I have rear defrost/half leather seats? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=145521)

nikeman 06-19-2013 09:51 PM

Do I have rear defrost/half leather seats?

I picked up my ram today and didn't get a lot of time to play with it. During the little bit of playing I did do on the 8.4an radio I noticed it had a button for rear defrost. I also have a hard button for rear defrost. I did not order that feature and I did not look at the back windows during my inspection because I did not order that and it was dark when I found it. Why would I have buttons for a feature I don't have?

First thing I noticed about my interior is that my seats seem to be leather with cloth inserts where you sit. Is this normal? I love the leatherish looking dash!! Much better than the plastic hard dash in the old truck!

DarthRam 06-19-2013 10:14 PM

Did you happen to get a Sport? I have the a Sport and it came with the fake leather and cloth center. Check your window sticker for the leather option. It will stick out because it is $1800 dollars.

I think the rear defrost comes with one of the (Luxury?) groups.

bigbody 06-19-2013 10:14 PM

The rear defrost button is also the button for the outside mirrors, I don't have rear defrost on my truck so it's just for the mirrors

LeftCoast 06-19-2013 10:48 PM

I think the seats with the cloth inserts are the non heated/cooled ones. If you have dual zone climate control and heated and cooled seats they are all leather.....or at least the front part is.

Clarkgriswald 06-20-2013 01:55 AM

I thought the leather seats were leather outside and cloth in the middle for ventilation. Maybe I am wrong. I am curious to know if you do have rear defrost and if you have lines in the back window even the sliding part.

ValleyRacer 06-20-2013 02:18 AM

Post a photo

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikeman (Post 1130175)
I picked up my ram today and didn't get a lot of time to play with it. During the little bit of playing I did do on the 8.4an radio I noticed it had a button for rear defrost. I also have a hard button for rear defrost. I did not order that feature and I did not look at the back windows during my inspection because I did not order that and it was dark when I found it. Why would I have buttons for a feature I don't have?

First thing I noticed about my interior is that my seats seem to be leather with cloth inserts where you sit. Is this normal? I love the leatherish looking dash!! Much better than the plastic hard dash in the old truck!

This is where a photo or two will answer all questions. Does your rear window have defroster wires?

nikeman 06-20-2013 07:34 AM

I have yet to check that in the day time. I didn't notice this am but I was also running late for work. I will make a point to look when I get to the office. I'm assuming its for the mirrors now though.

nikeman 06-20-2013 08:52 AM

Just curious if the fact that I have the button means I could easily add the defrost later.

rkuhl84 06-20-2013 09:36 AM

All Sports come with the mixed cloth and "leather" seats at minimum. This is one of the main reasons I went to the Sport over the Big Horn (along with the fact that the Sport has minimal chrome). You can't get the darker interior on the Big Horns like the Sports have. I don't have heated or ventilated seats though.

I have the 8.4a and there is a soft-key in the Climate Control panel for the rear window defrost. The hard button isn't exactly clear on what it activates. I guess it activates the mirrors and rear defrost. I'm not a big fan of the cold/hot buttons (I don't have auto climate control). I wish it was a knob as the button is slow to adjust temperature.

This is from the User's Guide:
http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4cea3b44.jpg

maust1 06-20-2013 09:41 AM

My tradesman came with rear defrost I don't see why the higher level models wouldn't have it