DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Tuners make it Tick??? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=145594)

Aina Ram 06-20-2013 08:15 PM

Tuners make it Tick???

Ordering the Trinity Tomm morning when I can transfer funds but I have a question.

I've never had a Tuned ANYTHING! I'm pretty clueless on the subject did a lot of research, almost went with bulldog but heard some mention bad motor ticking?

I'm wondering if this is true with all tuners? Like I said I've researched a lot and I am choosing to buy my trinity through HemiFever, I've heard a lot of good about them and also the same for WhiteLightning I just think hemifever is better for my daily driver.

Thanks for looking and if anyone can shed some light on this Ticking I'd appreciate it cuz I will not tune anything if its gonna make my engine sound Funky no matter what power it brings.

brandonjansen 06-20-2013 08:23 PM

A few people with 2013's have had knock problems with the Bully Dog tuners. The majority of people don't have any issues at all. I've heard the Bully Dog's new software update fixes that problem anyway. You should be good to go no matter what tuner you get.

Personally I would recommend Whitelightning over Hemifever as it is a trans tune as well. Just my opinion....

Aina Ram 06-20-2013 09:23 PM

Yeah I actually just got off the phone with Sean at Hemifever he explained that tick more commonly know with bullydog, he said more than likely Spark Knock, something to do with the tune they provide not being very good. He didn't say it wasnt good he explained it more in depth but not very good is what I got out of it.

So Sean at HemiFever has emailed back and forth with me, called me explained things I didn't know anything about so I could understand and I've never purchased anything from him "Yet" I will be buying the HemiFever trinity Tomm Morning personalized support like that to me as a consumer is a big deal especially when your spending $$ to modify potentially detrimental if done wrong settings on a $43k dollar truck.

brandonjansen 06-21-2013 01:33 PM

Nice! Sounds good man. I definitely know what you mean about having good personalized customer support. Definitely a nice thing to have when it comes to mods like this.

Good luck with the install! :smileup: Let us know what you think of it after running it for a while.

Aina Ram 06-21-2013 01:42 PM

HemiFever Trinity, on its way!

ripAlip 05-18-2014 04:32 PM

Well, how did the tuner do? I'm thinking of purchasing one as well.

4Play1 05-20-2014 10:51 AM

I just purchased a Trinity for my 11 and I have no "ticking" but I didn't before either. When I get back from vacation I will be talking to hemifever also.