DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   HemiFever or WhiteLightning, please read! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=145644)

hodgeee 06-21-2013 02:03 PM

HemiFever or WhiteLightning, please read!

I know that there was a lot of questions between using WhiteLightning tuning or HemiFever tuning.

The saying was, HemiFever for the tune, WhiteLightning for the tranny.

Well, I tell you what. I have now used both. Not trying to bash WhiteLightning, but getting with him and him getting back to me took almost a month, and that was paying through Discount Auto, and my tranny tune didn't fix any of the problems I was having since installing my Converter.

I lot of guys with 2011 and 2012 trucks with the revised tranny that you can choose throught all 6 gears, have had problems with Converters since the newer program does not respond as well as the earlier programming.

My truck once at speed would not downshift properly since I had my converter put in, making a huge debate with the two tuners, and Edge performance about what the hell was wrong with the truck or the converter. WhiteLightning did a tune for me and it didn't really do anything. Once I talked to HemiFever, it took two attempts within a one day period, and now my tranny shifts like it did with the stock converter, but with the improvements with the higherstall.

I was torn for months on weather to keep or get rid of the Edge Converter, and even more likely to put the stock one back in since trying out WhiteLightnings tune. The problem I got with the converter swap is at 100% throttle the truck would not downshift, it would only unlock the converter and give me a couple more rpms and slowely pull in way too high a gear.

Not only did he figure out the problem first of all, he then tuned it correctly within two trys in a 24 hour period.

I can't tell you how disappointed and upset I was after spending all that money to do the converter, and my performance once already moving was just about ruined. And for months talking to everyone, and getting WhiteLightning to retune the tranny, seeing no difference was heartbreaking.

I made the mistake of going to him instead of getting with HemiFever, since I had heard that WhiteLightning was the man for the tranny. Only after HemiFever out of the blue asked how everything with the tune was going, I mentioned my problems, and about 4 hours later I had a tune in my email inbox.

HemiFever has told me that he actually does a lot with tranny tuning, but usually no one ever asked him to do anything. He already does an extensive tune on the tranny with his regular package according to WhiteLightning, who reviewed the tune I got from HemiFever.

ONCE AGAIN, not trying to bash Dave, but Sean does tuning primarily and Dave appoligized to me for taking a month to tune my truck, but he said he has soo many things going and the tuning is just a sideline for him.

So if you need the full package I highly recommend get with HemiFever, his customer service is next to none and he can do what you want and need.

brandonjansen 06-21-2013 02:06 PM

Great review! Good to hear both sides of the story from someone who has actually used both custom tunes! I'm sure this will help a ton of guys out in their decision of what tune to go with. :rep:

Glad you got it all figured out and working properly now "smiley_thumbs_up:

ericlee9386 06-21-2013 03:15 PM

Good review. Ever since Dave went main stream their have been a lot of negative feedback. But i do agree Sean is awesome.

Blue thunder 06-21-2013 05:16 PM

Well I was torn between which to try so I did white lighting and its been very good for me. Dropped 2 tenths off my quarter mile and the truck feels peppy all the time because its always in the right gear. His customer service to me was very good and would do it again if had too. But I have heard good and bad from both parties.

hodgeee 06-21-2013 05:29 PM

Like I said before, I am not trying to take anything away from Dave, yes I did have a little negative situation with him on time frame, and I have heard a few others saying the same thing. I have not heard any negative feedback on HemiFever as of yet, and when I said that Dave has a lot on his plate, that was right out if his mouth. Why would you commit to someone who even will tell you that they can't make you top priority.

At the same time, I have heard a lot of things about how good Dave is also, and I am not saying you will have problems if you use him!

When talking to Sean, he even asked if I might post something about his tranny tuning abilities. I believe a lot are completely unaware of how much he know about this also, and I think he wants more aware of it, so that he can offer whatever is needed by his customer.

I am praising Sean though because I believe he is the better option for me and my fellow Forum members.

S.C. Express 06-21-2013 11:10 PM

Thanks for your time and info. i had pretty much given up on the tuners since so many people were disappointed, that and the high cost. If my wife and kids would give me a break from sucking my checking acct. dry for just two weeks, I'd order the full tune from hemifever.

hodgeee 06-22-2013 03:57 AM

Dude, I paid him $125 6 months ago, offered him more money, offered him a gift card for two to any resteraunt of his choice, and he wouldn't take it!

but if you do not have a trinity tunner in the first place, then yeah a lot of money!

If you buy the whole thing from sean, the tune is included for free from his website. Plus the greatest thing is he will keep working with you until you are completely satisfied. He is still now working on the dreaded two stage downshift at speed that everyone seems to have.

He found out that it aint shifting twice, at 100% throttle, the converter is unlocking, then shifting, this is why it feels like its shifting twice.

Well, out to test this new tweak he just sent me, let you guys know how it works out.

Ezekielguy86 06-22-2013 10:11 AM

I went with Hemifever yesterday and am already very please with him. With in 2 hrs he was already working on getting the tune to me and setup. By the 6hr mark I already had the tune and load in the truck. Would have been much sooner if I hadn't been at work. I will update as my everything moves along.