DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Electrical (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   Passenger side window button won't work... help plz (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=145966)

haybo19 06-25-2013 02:28 PM

Passenger side window button won't work... help plz

Picked up my new 2003 ram 1500 regular cab. I knew the window wasn't working before it was bought. I am just wondering if there is an obvious reason as to why the passenger side window button wont work on the passenger side. The window WILL go up and down if I use the driver side button, but will NOT work if we try the passenger side. Any help would be appreciated, not good with the electrical side of things.

davidgcet 06-25-2013 04:43 PM

bad switch, either the passenger switch or the driver's side window lock switch?

Soul Killa 09-02-2013 12:57 AM

I have the same issue, i guess we might have to replace it..

kmdracer 09-13-2013 05:35 PM

Mine does it randomly. Haven't been bothered by it enough yet to figure it out. If someone does, please post it up.

Dodgey 09-23-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmdracer (Post 1199074)
Mine does it randomly. Haven't been bothered by it enough yet to figure it out. If someone does, please post it up.

Same here. It happens randomly. I rarely have passengers so it hasn't been a big priority for me.

tjbiker031 09-24-2013 08:04 AM

check the drivers side lockout switch. mines broke does the same thing.

If your willing and feel confortable. you can get the electrical schematic and test the drivers side switch and varify its bad....i have the factory manual in the 5.7 hemi section....i can help you much as i can here if you need it.

w110dal 01-16-2014 03:36 PM

I have the same issue - regular cab so only the two windows, no lock feature. Replaced the passenger side switch, no dice. When it warms up a bit (Ohio and snowing), I'm going to verify all connections on the drivers side and see if that helps. If not, that's a pretty expensive part, so my infrequent passengers are going to have to deal with it :)

sealeytwin 01-19-2014 11:06 PM

window fix

Mine was doing the same thing, had it checked out it was a broken wire. A good shop should be able to trace it down.

AFMEDIC 01-29-2014 09:43 PM

The most common problem with the windows is broken wires in the rubber boot that connects the door to the body. I had 3 windows and 2 speakers that didn't work and it was all broken wires in the boots for the doors. The boots pull off easy but they are a pain to get back in. If you take the boot loose and see broken wires, take the door panel off and unplug all of the wires in the door, and unplug the door harness from the body, then go inside where you can sit comfortably at the kitchen table and solder all of the wires back together and heat shrink them. If you use butt connectors, they can pull free from all of the tugging on the wires. Solder and heat shrink is more low profile as well, and will protect the integrity of the repair longer than a butt connector will. I would definitely check the wires before I went throwing any money at new switches.