DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Federal mt worth saving a hundred a tire!!!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=145996)

RAMinator13 06-25-2013 07:06 PM

Federal mt worth saving a hundred a tire!!!!

Alright guys it's time to ditch the crappy good years on my 2013 sport cc 4x4. I was going to tun the federal mt. Does anyone have these to give me a accurate review on there street/offroad ability and wear? I know they won't be the best but the price is amazing and it may be worth the hundreds of dollars I will be saving if I can get two years out of them. Also I am going to do the front bilstein level and was wondering if I could tuck some 35 under the front if I added a 2in lift to the rear as well. I'm okay with a hair of rubbing but nothing ridiculous. Or is 33/12.5 the max I can go? Thanks for the help guys

brandonjansen 06-25-2013 07:14 PM

You won't need to lift the rear at all to fit 35's... just the front. You could either set the Bilsteins at 2.1" or 2.8" and clear the 35x12.5 Federal MT's no problem. The 35x12.5 Federal MT's actually measure around 34x12. Keep in mind if you go to a 12.5" wide tire with the stock rims you will need 1/4" spacers.

From what I've heard about the tires lots of people like them. Especially the price. My cousin is running them and hasn't had anything bad to say out of them. I know gonefishin776 has them and I've never heard him say anything bad either. He'd be a good guy to talk to regarding tread wear and life expectancy. Hopefully some other guys will chime in for you as well.

gonefishin776 06-25-2013 07:19 PM

I love my tires bubba.

great offroad and not obnoxious on the highway for a M/T. a hum at 30/35 which I rarely travel at for a long time. wear is reasonable, they are wearing uneven because my alignment Is effed up. but I've had them since New Years, probably 8k miles on them
and still plenty of tread

RAMinator13 06-25-2013 07:42 PM

Thanks a lot guys. I may do the bilstein or I may do a 3in front spacer with a 1.5 spacer in e rear just to get it a little higher looking. Sounds like im gonna try them. Cant beat the price. Hopefully the sidewall splitting I have heard about doesn't happen

brandonjansen 06-25-2013 07:48 PM

I'd be really hesitant to go with a 3" spacer on the front.... you're really going to be pushing your CV shaft and control arm angles. Typically 2.5" is the highest you'd want to go.... I'm running at 2.5" HBS spacer and a 0.75" TGC rear spacer and that's already putting me on the edge of too much rake IMO. A 1.5" spacer would make your truck look really raked.

RAMinator13 06-25-2013 07:52 PM

Thanks for the help. I'll do a 2.5 and. 75 like you. Just want a little rake for towing my little trailer. If I do bilstein up front. They go to 2.8 so are they safer or still pushing the limit?

RAMinator13 06-25-2013 08:06 PM

Check this out guys. Looks sweet. Its a 2.5 front 0.75 rear plus a 1.0in body.... What do yall think about this setup????

RAMinator13 06-25-2013 08:10 PM

Check this out guys... What do you think.. This link has a 2.5 front 0.75 rear and 1.0 in body... What do you guys think about this?!?!? http://www.roughcountry.com/suspensi...ram_combo.html

brandonjansen 06-26-2013 02:03 AM

The Bilsteins at 2.8" end up settling to around 2.5" or 2.6" so you're good there. :smileup:

I've seen the RCX combo kit. I'm just not a fan of body lifts personally... It's just asking for fitment problems, misaligned panels, and squeezing.

If you're worried about sagging while towing your trailer the Airlift 1000 bags are a great option. For $88 you can't really go wrong.

fastNugly @ BP 06-26-2013 12:15 PM

RAMinator13, if you need pricing on level kits/Bilsteins or tires, let us know :smileup: