DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Taking advise (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=146154)

Warlock III 06-27-2013 01:55 PM

Taking advise

I recently commented on a post by a member seeking advise, and put in my educated 2 cents. Then another member offered a suggestion. The OP got back to us and tried something completely different than either suggestion.

It makes me wonder why they even ask if they aren't going to listen.

What do you think is easier, a paint roller, or a brush...then the guy opens a can of paint and chucks the whole gallon on the wall and starts smearing it around with a spoon. I don't get it.

Should we just let threads like that die as a result of the infinite monkey theorem?

GTyankee 06-27-2013 02:08 PM

That is comparable to someone starting a thread by asking a question
several others reply to the thread
the original poster never posts anything besides the original question

you have to wonder, if they ever read any of the replies
:4-dontknow:

gonefishin776 06-27-2013 02:38 PM

this is hysterical.

PaulMys 06-28-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warlock III (Post 1136399)
I recently commented on a post by a member seeking advise, and put in my educated 2 cents. Then another member offered a suggestion. The OP got back to us and tried something completely different than either suggestion.

It makes me wonder why they even ask if they aren't going to listen.

What do you think is easier, a paint roller, or a brush...then the guy opens a can of paint and chucks the whole gallon on the wall and starts smearing it around with a spoon. I don't get it.

Should we just let threads like that die as a result of the infinite monkey theorem?

A spoon? HMMMMMM.... Is that more effective than my butter knife technique?:LOL: But, seriously Warlock, I know just the thread you are referring to. And YES I agree. Why post and get everyone to rack their brains for an answer, if you're not even going to acknowledge any responses ? Ponderous.

maust1 06-28-2013 09:53 PM

If answers and ideas will still help others and there is still participation there is no reason to let it die even if the op doesn't want the advice. I have gotten advice from threads I never said anything in.
Mick

Warlock III 06-28-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMys (Post 1137572)
A spoon? HMMMMMM.... Is that more effective than my butter knife technique?:LOL: But, seriously Warlock, I know just the thread you are referring to. And YES I agree. Why post and get everyone to rack their brains for an answer, if you're not even going to acknowledge any responses ? Ponderous.

Gar...I've had 3 of 'em this week and the funny part is that even if the OP hasn't been back. Two of 'em were taken over by other member's with the same issue. So at least the responses served a purpose.

Hermes1 06-28-2013 11:28 PM

Certainly a fair point raised, it is kind of irksome, they should be repeatedly whipped with a wet fish.

spoiler 06-28-2013 11:48 PM

With regards to this thread.
I'm a teacher by trade- I have been at it for thirty years. Here's what I have learned from my students. Every single person in the world processes information differently. Some ask a lot of questions... others none... some talk too much... others not enough.... some of the quietest, most non participatory people in the world have the most to offer... some say a lot without saying anything at all. So I offer this.... in a public place where people come together to share ideas, learn and try to help we should do well to remember that we all come from a different place... but we are all the same.

gonefishin776 06-29-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoiler (Post 1137708)
With regards to this thread.
I'm a teacher by trade- I have been at it for thirty years. Here's what I have learned from my students. Every single person in the world processes information differently. Some ask a lot of questions... others none... some talk too much... others not enough.... some of the quietest, most non participatory people in the world have the most to offer... some say a lot without saying anything at all. So I offer this.... in a public place where people come together to share ideas, learn and try to help we should do well to remember that we all come from a different place... but we are all the same.

very wise words. I can appreciate that

RedSmart 06-29-2013 03:17 AM

I do wonder sometimes what happens to people who ask a question and then never return, I think that perhaps something has happened to them or.........oh look a shiny object........hehehehehe........this is fun..........

Ummmmmm, so what were we talking about?