DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Washing & Waxing (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Sport wheels, what's best to clean them? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=146174)

IowaRam 06-27-2013 07:47 PM

Sport wheels, what's best to clean them?

Got my new sport yesterday, and found a bunch of crap stuck on the wheels, looks like brake dust but with 5 miles I'm not sure. Anyway, it is hard to get off and tough to get the wheels clean, then the water spots em like crazy. What do you guys use to scrub these wheels? Are they clear coated or just aluminum?

IowaRam 06-27-2013 07:47 PM

My friend told me to wax them too, anyone else done this?

nikeman 06-27-2013 08:20 PM

Just washed mine with soap and water and dried them. All the black crap is gone and no water spots.

RAM SPORT CREW 06-28-2013 07:54 PM

They are clear coated, so give them the same wax as the clear coat in your paint gets. This will go a long ways in keeping road crud from "sticking" to the wheel's finish. Soap and water and they'll clean right off.:smileup:

Pull Ya 06-28-2013 09:56 PM

I put Wolfgang 3.0 sealant on mine then followed it with a good coat of Collinite 845. Now everything just washes off with soap and water. Seal and wax about once every 6 months. I have the chrome clad wheels.
Jay

primo spaghetti 06-28-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAM SPORT CREW (Post 1137521)
They are clear coated, so give them the same wax as the clear coat in your paint gets. This will go a long ways in keeping road crud from "sticking" to the wheel's finish. Soap and water and they'll clean right off.:smileup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pull Ya (Post 1137579)
I put Wolfgang 3.0 sealant on mine then followed it with a good coat of Collinite 845. Now everything just washes off with soap and water. Seal and wax about once every 6 months. I have the chrome clad wheels.
Jay

a wax or a sealant/coating is the way to go once you get them clean.

to clean the first time around, look to P21s wheel cleaner, Sonax wheel cleaner, or a new on from 1z einszett called colorTec wheel cleaner.

excellent products

AF-hemi 06-28-2013 11:29 PM

i use soap and water and the occasional power ball with some wax

Grubrunner 06-28-2013 11:30 PM

Are the Sport wheels the chrome clads?

IowaRam 07-01-2013 01:37 AM

I bought a bottle of Mcguire's all wheel cleaner and it didn't phase the "stains" on the wheels. I scrubbed and scrubbed a lot and they still looked like crap.

So I took the truck to the dealer and my friend there (he sold me the truck) used some Nevr Dull wadding cleaner. Everything came right off and the rim looks perfect now! I'm sold on this stuff, it worked so quick and perfect outcome.

Brad Pitt 01-08-2014 02:23 PM

Mine are getting sandblasted and powder coated… problem solved haha! :LOL: