DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Tuners and shifting question (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=146179)

DWWHemiguy 06-27-2013 09:07 PM

Tuners and shifting question

A couple months ago I tried the BD tuner as some of you may know. I finally took it back and decided to wait a while to let all the bugs get worked out by BD or maybe go with Diablo. Anyway the main issue I've always had with my Ram is shifting. The truck shifts alright getting up to speed, but the problem for me is when cruising in overdrive it has poor throttle response. I mean when I just want to speed up a little I have to give it a lot of peddle then it kicks too hard. I need better throttle response. Drive by wire is probably the culprit. So I was wondering if a tuner is the only option. I've seen a few people mention better shifting at wot, but will a tuner fix the problem I described. I know I could just select 4th as my highest gear while driving around town, but I want to select 6th and just leave it be. Is there any way to achieve this without buying a tuner? Thanks.

Ezekielguy86 06-28-2013 12:48 PM

After I got my DS intune and had Hemifever custom tune added too it that made a big difference on the in town shift. For me it pretty much stays in 4th gear around town then once above say 45-50 it gots up. Now with Bully you wont get custom tuning.

I also hear white lighting does really good transmission tuning but I have no experience yet with that.

DWWHemiguy 06-28-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekielguy86 (Post 1137191)
After I got my DS intune and had Hemifever custom tune added too it that made a big difference on the in town shift. For me it pretty much stays in 4th gear around town then once above say 45-50 it gots up. Now with Bully you wont get custom tuning.

I also hear white lighting does really good transmission tuning but I have no experience yet with that.

Thanks. I may have to ride to Summit tomorrow and get one. I just hope Hemifever is easier to get with than BD. They seemed to have banker's hours.

RAM EM 06-28-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWWHemiguy (Post 1137620)
Thanks. I may have to ride to Summit tomorrow and get one. I just hope Hemifever is easier to get with than BD. They seemed to have banker's hours.

Order the tuner from Hemifever. It's the same price as Summit, and the custom tune is incuded, saves you $125. Hemifever's customer service is top notch. :smileup:

DWWHemiguy 06-28-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAM EM (Post 1137656)
Order the tuner from Hemifever. It's the same price as Summit, and the custom tune is incuded, saves you $125. Hemifever's customer service is top notch. :smileup:

I would but i have a Summit card. It's the only credit card i have. Just don't have the dough to spend right now. As far as c.s. goes are their hours convenient? BD wasn't.

lespaul24 06-28-2013 11:59 PM

I hate to hijack this thread, but I have some tuner questions myself. I don't want to race or anything, but I want a tune that will be safe for my engine and tranny yet give me better shifting and response. I was wondering if I got a tuner and did the stock tune and cut MDS off if the stock tune from Diablo or BD is smoother than the Ram stock tune or if there is any difference at all? I like my truck but it does seem almost untuned (probably for economy reasons I'm sure). I hear a lot about the custom tunes from hemifever and I know I don't "need" a custom tune, but could they just write me a good solid custom tune that will improve drivability and shifting, eliminate any knock but not really change a lot as far as WOT performance? I know I'm a little long winded on this but any advice would be appreciated.

DWWHemiguy 06-29-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lespaul24 (Post 1137677)
I hate to hijack this thread, but I have some tuner questions myself. I don't want to race or anything, but I want a tune that will be safe for my engine and tranny yet give me better shifting and response. I was wondering if I got a tuner and did the stock tune and cut MDS off if the stock tune from Diablo or BD is smoother than the Ram stock tune or if there is any difference at all? I like my truck but it does seem almost untuned (probably for economy reasons I'm sure). I hear a lot about the custom tunes from hemifever and I know I don't "need" a custom tune, but could they just write me a good solid custom tune that will improve drivability and shifting, eliminate any knock but not really change a lot as far as WOT performance? I know I'm a little long winded on this but any advice would be appreciated.

You just summed up exactly what I need from a tuner. Are you a guitarist? Sorry just asking because of your lespaul avatar.

dodgert 06-29-2013 12:27 AM

what part of ga you from

dodgert 06-29-2013 12:28 AM

if any of you guys want some tuner advice or my bad exp pm me

DWWHemiguy 06-29-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgert (Post 1137700)
what part of ga you from

About 3 miles south of Atlanta Motorspeedway.