DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Tune that blew tranny (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=146580)

xtreme 07-02-2013 10:18 AM

Tune that blew tranny

Quick question for the guys that blew up the tranny with wl tune. We're u running engine/ trans tune or just a trans tune? Thanks

ONOutdoorsman 07-03-2013 11:55 AM

Tranny blew from WL tune????

RPM666 07-03-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ONOutdoorsman (Post 1141232)
Tranny blew from WL tune????

I've heard of two of them thus far.

TheSatinPumpkin 07-03-2013 12:28 PM

Hopefully this is a short thread.

xtreme 07-03-2013 01:29 PM

I have only heard of two as well, but I believe they both threw codes when the tune was installed, and evidentaully they burnt up the tranny within 4 days. I have been running the combo engine/trans for about a month with zero issues. Just curious if anyone else has had an issue. I'm pretty sure they are isolated issues.

TheBlackHemi 07-03-2013 02:59 PM

I ran a Hemifever engine tune with WL trans tune and no I didn't throw any codes when the tune was installed. I threw two once my tranny was toast 4 days later but WL is a POS if you want my opinion.

You screw something up and don't at least man up to it and then to find out he did it to Dodgert the exact same way really pisses me off. I can tell you were not the first two trannies he's fried, been a few 3gens as well but he gets away with it because he uses that tactic where he ignores the customer to the point they say the hell with it.

I ran a Hemifever tune since the day tuning came out for us 2011s+ and never had a single issue but somehow my tranny fails not even a week after trying to run his tune? Funny thing was I told him I wanted a more aggressive shifting tranny tune and thats what he gave me. He told me he increased line pressure, makechanges to converter lock/unlock and TM.

This is what the dealer told me......
Scanners showed tq limits and pressures that were too high prior to the tranny dumping, 3rd and 4th gear burnt up. I'm sure if some random Joe walked in the dealer with everything I had on my truck (minus the tune) they would have denied all warranty work. Not the case with me because the service writer/manger know me pretty well and sweep it under the rug. The one thing they did know I had in there was the Circle D TC. Once they split the tranny/ engine they were like WTF lol. He told me bro we can't put that back in but will order you another one and charger it to the bill......Off the soap box

WL aka Dave is not someone I would recommend who even tried to steal Hemifever's work from me back in Dec/Jan but that's a whole different story for a different day.

Chris b 07-03-2013 03:00 PM

I've heard of 2 guys on here and a few more guys on another form. Hope it gets worked out.

ORT 07-03-2013 04:05 PM

Interesting read so far, curious to see where this goes. Subscribed.

xtreme 07-03-2013 05:07 PM

I have done a little research and found that a few things could have caused issues, not saving orginal stock backup when uploading the custom tune. Running Sonnax and not having your tune written with an aftermarket torque convertor.

Like I said I have had zero issue's and been checking the tranny fluid every other day and its still clean. I'm thinking this could have been just a fluke chance.

TheBlackHemi 07-03-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreme (Post 1141460)
I have done a little research and found that a few things could have caused issues, not saving orginal stock backup when uploading the custom tune. Running Sonnax and not having your tune written with an aftermarket torque convertor.

Like I said I have had zero issue's and been checking the tranny fluid every other day and its still clean. I'm thinking this could have been just a fluke chance.

Not my first rodeo with tuning.....I probably did more for the 2011s and up than any other forum member here when the tuning for came out in November. I'm sure if WL didn't blow my tranny at the beginning of April there would have been a long laundry list of you guys too. Dave probably sent out revisions to his customers when that happen, so thank me later.