DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Air Suspension (Wheel/Tire Upgrades that fit) (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=146586)

Tcon 07-02-2013 11:50 AM

Air Suspension (Wheel/Tire Upgrades that fit)

I have searched the forums and while I have found scattered information on the biggest tire sizes that fit the trucks equipped with the air suspension. I thought I'd try to start this thread to get anybody with those upgrades to post anything taller or wider than stock that fit. Even if it is a larger offset or with spacers. I am hoping to get a consolidated thread to help the others like me trying to figure out what sizes I can upgrade to.

The majority of what I have seen is 275/65R20, a slightly taller tire. Has anybody had success with taller or wider tires?

Thanks in advance!

spoiler 07-02-2013 03:35 PM

I don't have air suspension... I did drop my truck using a 2/3 Groundforce kit and am now running 305 45 22 tires on 22 x 9.5 rims. no touch,rub,or bottom out.
My truck came with 17 x 7 rims stock

I only chime in to let let you know there is quite a bit of room under those wells even when lowered a couple inches.

Looking back my comments may be of no use to you bet there it is.

Tcon 07-02-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoiler (Post 1140468)
I don't have air suspension... I did drop my truck using a 2/3 Groundforce kit and am now running 305 45 22 tires on 22 x 9.5 rims. no touch,rub,or bottom out.
My truck came with 17 x 7 rims stock

I only chime in to let let you know there is quite a bit of room under those wells even when lowered a couple inches.

Looking back my comments may be of no use to you bet there it is.

Thanks for your information but the air suspension has a different set of requirements. People talk about rubbing at entry/exit, some don't have it and others have it "fixed".

I'm just hoping to get a consolidated consensus of tolerances for the air ride.

JCC11 07-03-2013 09:29 AM

Great topic. This is info I'm looking for as well. Let's get the tire intel rolling!

JCC11 08-11-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcon (Post 1140289)
I have searched the forums and while I have found scattered information on the biggest tire sizes that fit the trucks equipped with the air suspension. I thought I'd try to start this thread to get anybody with those upgrades to post anything taller or wider than stock that fit. Even if it is a larger offset or with spacers. I am hoping to get a consolidated thread to help the others like me trying to figure out what sizes I can upgrade to.

The majority of what I have seen is 275/65R20, a slightly taller tire. Has anybody had success with taller or wider tires?

Thanks in advance!

Any new information on this topic?

NeverEnuff 08-14-2013 02:29 AM

I'm running 305/45/22's on a 22x9.5 wheel with 15mm bs. Only rubs in entry/exit mode

JCC11 08-14-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverEnuff (Post 1176120)
I'm running 305/45/22's on a 22x9.5 wheel with 15mm bs. Only rubs in entry/exit mode

Ok, that's good info. Your wheel/tire combination is:
-- 1 3/8" wider and 0.2" shorter than the stock setup.

Explorer Rob 08-20-2013 11:29 PM

I'm running 275 65R20 BFG All-Terrain TA KOs. My stock Goodyears rubbed the front left liner very slightly in entry mode. MY BFGs rubbed quite a bit in entry position and very slightly in normal mode. I think it has more to do with the liner having a lot of play in it. I can push it in a good two inches. It is also very soft plastic or rubber so it doesn't seem to hurt it any. All it has done after 2 months is slightly polished the spot where it rubs.

I have since bought a heat gun and have softened up the spot that rubs and pushed it in. It isn't pretty in there, but so far no rubbing at all now in entry mode with my BFGs. I have about 1/2" between the tire and liner now. Prior to modifying the liner, I couldn't get a piece of paper in there. Now I can fit my finger in there.

Alter Ego Trip 08-25-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverEnuff (Post 1176120)

How bad does it rub? I'm looking at changing wheels out to a 20x9 with 0 offset, sticking with stock tires for now.

If my math is correct your tire is 32.79" in tall. The stock tire is 32.97" tall.

I'm looking at a 9" wide wheel with 0 offset compared to your 9.5" wheel with 15mm offset. That would mean the 0 offset wheel would stick out about .8 of an inch further on a .19 " taller tire.

Jeevan 10-24-2013 10:09 PM

hey there would it be possible to run a 22x10 with a offset of 20 mm
and what would the tire size be ?