DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2011 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Sad RAM day (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=146661)

Chris In Marshfield 07-03-2013 09:39 AM

Sad RAM day

2 Attachment(s)
Once upon a time, there was a lovely RAM 1500. It was the best of the best, it was straight, it was true, and it was awesome. And then an immovable object placed itself between me and the direction I intended to travel. Inertia tried its damnedest to get us there, but alas, twas not to be. Sad truck :-(

But it saved our lives, and my daughter Alexandra and I walked away without a scratch! Go RAM Trucks!

davidgcet 07-03-2013 09:50 AM

glad you guys walked away, the truck can be replaced!

are they going to total the truck, cause that does not look too much damage. of course you never know what was destroyed tha tis not readily apparent in the pics!

Darwin00537 07-03-2013 10:04 AM

Very glad y'all made it out without injury. I'm guessing thats totaled. Time to start shopping for a new Outdoorsman. On the bright side, this will give you a chance to add whatever options you missed out on last time.:thk:

Ramageddon 07-03-2013 10:10 AM

Sorry to hear about that, Good luck truck shopping.

huntergreen 07-03-2013 10:10 AM

nice tribute! glad your truck did its most important job and protected daughter and you.

Chris In Marshfield 07-03-2013 11:12 AM

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Yeah, we were the lucky ones in this accident. Others didn't fare so well. Definitely proud of the RAM for protecting us both. You only get one favorite daughter!

From the photo, the body shop guy said it looks repairable and it looks worse than it is. But he doesn't have the truck in hand yet, so we'll see what the insurance adjuster has to say. I'm secretly hoping for a total, but the value of the Outdoorsman is pretty high, so it'll be hard to exceed the percentage required to total it. Either way, I'm looking forward to getting it back, whether it's repaired or replaced.

We were headed camping this week, and thankfully a friend offered to loan me his truck to tow the camper so we can still go. It's good to have friends with trucks :-)

~Chris

Chunkem 07-03-2013 02:15 PM

Main thing is that the truck can be replaced....Glad you and your family were ok....Now time to think about what you want next,......Let us know what you get.....

PaulMys 07-03-2013 07:46 PM

OUCH! Sorry to hear about the RAM. But really glad to hear that you and your daughter are O.K.!!

Hermes1 07-03-2013 07:50 PM

Ugggh! Sad Ram indeed but at least you and family are fine.

racerx9987 07-03-2013 10:41 PM

Glad your okay looks like the ram took the hit pretty well. They are some well built trucks thats for sure.