DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   New Hood Scoop/Pictures Outdoorsman (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=146727)

gcscott 07-04-2013 09:25 AM

New Hood Scoop/Pictures Outdoorsman
 
I just finished adding a new hood scoop. I had it color matched to the trucks paint. Blends in with my Muscle Stripes and Hood Spears.


http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/...ps32b1361f.jpghttp://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/...psd4f2e245.jpghttp://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2f3b11ca.jpghttp://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/...psa730a826.jpghttp://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/...psa65e0d9f.jpghttp://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5132b534.jpghttp://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6f5aaa11.jpg

spoiler 07-04-2013 10:02 AM

That came out really nice man! Thanks for posting. I'm sure others have considered this. I know I have but was concerned about the quality of the piece and how nice the fitment would be.
How about a few details.
What brand? Where'd you get it? and how was the installation process?

RAM EM 07-04-2013 12:49 PM

I really like the scoop, looks clean:smileup:! Don't take this the wrong way, it's JMO, but I think the spears and the war paint together is a little too much. I think it would look a lot better with just one or the other (think grey spears would look the best). And just to nitpick, the bug deflector and the scoop contradict each other aesthetically, again, JMO. But it's your truck so I'll piss off now, lol!

Again, props on the scoop! :smiley_thumbs_up:

gcscott 07-04-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoiler (Post 1141990)
That came out really nice man! Thanks for posting. I'm sure others have considered this. I know I have but was concerned about the quality of the piece and how nice the fitment would be.
How about a few details.
What brand? Where'd you get it? and how was the installation process?

First thank you.

I got the hood scoop at http://www.mrhoodscoop.com/servlet/t...coop%2C/Detail The HS009 hood scoop does fit on the 2013 Outdoorsman hood.

The color match was spot-on perfect.

This hood scoop is a first class product. It is held on with 3M tape and 2 pins that you have to drill 5/16" holes. I drilled the holes. You do not have to drill the holes, you can break off the pins, but it holds the front down tight. On the underside of the hood you need to cut access holes to attach the body nuts on the pins.

I measured 1-1/4" from the windshield washers to the back edge of the hood scoop. I taped on a yard stick to keep a straight edge. Next you need to find center and mark the hood scoop and the yard stick. They give you plenty of 3M tape so you can have starting tabs on each end of the tape.

You need to outline the hood scoop so you can get it back in the correct place.

The Honey Comb Grille has the location of where to drill the holes if used. Incert the pins in the holes and check center of the hood scoop at the yard stick. Hold down on the hood scoop and pull the backing off the 3M tape from all 4 sides. Attache the body nuts to the pins on the underside of the hood.

As for difficulty, I would say about a 8 out of 10. You must be able to measure and get it right the first time.

Tools: Measuring tape, 2" painters tape, yard stick, erasable marker, razor knife, 1/8" & 5/16" drill bits, drill, 11mm socket, aviators.

Total time to install was about 3 hours, but I am slow when doing Mods.

From the close up pictures the fit is perfect and looks OEM to me.



http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1d878a2c.jpghttp://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3662004d.jpg

gcscott 07-04-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAM EM (Post 1142069)
I really like the scoop, looks clean:smileup:! Don't take this the wrong way, it's JMO, but I think the spears and the war paint together is a little too much. I think it would look a lot better with just one or the other (think grey spears would look the best). And just to nitpick, the bug deflector and the scoop contradict each other aesthetically, again, JMO. But it's your truck so I'll piss off now, lol!

Again, props on the scoop! :smiley_thumbs_up:

Pictures are pictures and the actual truck looks better in person. Like you said "IT'S MY TRUCK"

Thanks.

06 BigHorn 07-04-2013 06:13 PM

Little too busy for my liking, but whatever makes you happy

newdodge 07-06-2013 03:51 PM

I like it i also like how you did the ram 1500 on the side might have to steal that idea if you don't mind

spoiler 07-06-2013 05:02 PM

Thanks for taking the time to provide details and the close up picture. Huge help!!! I'm sure it was a nice deep breath as you are drilling holes right through the hood. Again- came out great!


Quote:

Originally Posted by gcscott (Post 1142084)
First thank you.

I got the hood scoop at http://www.mrhoodscoop.com/servlet/t...coop%2C/Detail The HS009 hood scoop does fit on the 2013 Outdoorsman hood.

The color match was spot-on perfect.

This hood scoop is a first class product. It is held on with 3M tape and 2 pins that you have to drill 5/16" holes. I drilled the holes. You do not have to drill the holes, you can break off the pins, but it holds the front down tight. On the underside of the hood you need to cut access holes to attach the body nuts on the pins.

I measured 1-1/4" from the windshield washers to the back edge of the hood scoop. I taped on a yard stick to keep a straight edge. Next you need to find center and mark the hood scoop and the yard stick. They give you plenty of 3M tape so you can have starting tabs on each end of the tape.

You need to outline the hood scoop so you can get it back in the correct place.

The Honey Comb Grille has the location of where to drill the holes if used. Incert the pins in the holes and check center of the hood scoop at the yard stick. Hold down on the hood scoop and pull the backing off the 3M tape from all 4 sides. Attache the body nuts to the pins on the underside of the hood.

As for difficulty, I would say about a 8 out of 10. You must be able to measure and get it right the first time.

Tools: Measuring tape, 2" painters tape, yard stick, erasable marker, razor knife, 1/8" & 5/16" drill bits, drill, 11mm socket, aviators.

Total time to install was about 3 hours, but I am slow when doing Mods.

From the close up pictures the fit is perfect and looks OEM to me.



http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1d878a2c.jpghttp://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3662004d.jpg


Arth 07-06-2013 11:48 PM

I think it turned out very well and you have tempted me to get one.

My concern is my paint is faded a lot more than I think.

Did you pay to have it color matched from the factory or did you have someone do it locally for you?

I think you have just given me the idea for my next mod. Looks great. :smileup:

gcscott 07-07-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoiler (Post 1143586)
Thanks for taking the time to provide details and the close up picture. Huge help!!! I'm sure it was a nice deep breath as you are drilling holes right through the hood. Again- came out great!

I am use to measuring for custom work, so I was not sweating the location of the holes or the alignment of the hood scoop. Just made sure I was in the correct spots and measured multiple times. Drilling the holes is a one time shot and that was the most difficult part.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arth (Post 1143821)
I think it turned out very well and you have tempted me to get one.

My concern is my paint is faded a lot more than I think.

Did you pay to have it color matched from the factory or did you have someone do it locally for you?

I think you have just given me the idea for my next mod. Looks great. :smileup:

The Paint was done by the hood scoop manufacture and was prefect. My trucks paint is only 2 months old.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger