DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   4" lift with 35" tires? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=146771)

Flip 07-04-2013 11:28 PM

4" lift with 35" tires?

My truck has a 4" lift w/35" tires and I was wondering which would be better to do next.
A: CAI, exhaust, throttle body spacer, programmer
B: upgrade the gearing to 4.56
I do a lot of freeway driving
Thanks

brandonjansen 07-04-2013 11:37 PM

If you do a lot of highway driving I would go to 4.56's with 35's. you'll be revving pretty high. Up around 2200 rpm....

Remove the throttle body spacer off your A list and do those three. Make sure you get a good and true CAI like a S&B or a Vararam for more power and torque.

Grubrunner 07-05-2013 12:12 AM

What are you trying to achieve?

Fuel economy, HP & TQ, some growl, etc....

All of the above maybe?

Flip 07-05-2013 07:46 AM

I want somewhat better gas mileage but also hp & tq.
So are you not a fan of k&n CAI?
I looked up the vararam and that looks to old school for me.
I also looked at Grubrunner's review on the S&B, which was nice btw.

brandonjansen 07-05-2013 12:29 PM

Honestly all the K&N CAI will do for you is make more noise... You will not notice any gains with it over your stock intake. If you do a few mods to it such as making it seal better and adding a second air intake tube to it then you might see something, but still not a lot. You'd be better off modding your stock intake....

The S&B is definitely a good looking system, but again you aren't really going to notice any gains over the stock intake. It might make a small difference, but nothing that you'll feel. If you want an intake that actually performs and does give more HP and TQ then the Vararam is the best option.... but if you're not into the look of it I understand why you wouldn't want to go for it.

newfiebullet 07-05-2013 06:04 PM

the s&b with the intake scoop, diablo trinity , custom exhaust at a shop , remove the factory y pipe, i wouldnt do gears, lower gearing will proabably help on the highway so i wouldnt bother changing those assuming you have 3.92's. go for an e fan from a v6 ram as well.

Flip 07-05-2013 06:15 PM

Newfiebullet what's an e fan? Is there any review on the vararam, since I was thinking I don't look at the engine anyway all the time anyway it could hurt.

chadster21 07-05-2013 10:40 PM

i have a k&n intake i noticed a little bit of fuel economy increase not much. tune it would be my first choice

fastNugly @ BP 07-05-2013 11:39 PM

Tuner will do quite a bit for you mother you can add others as you go along

newfiebullet 07-07-2013 07:29 PM

electric fan, the hemi has a clutch fan that draws off the motor, by switching to an electric fan it frees up some power by reducing engine load. plus the efan from a v6 is plaug and play.