DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   $72.00 wipers at Dodge!!!!!!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=146813)

markjr 07-05-2013 01:45 PM

$72.00 wipers at Dodge!!!!!!!

Hello all, I just wanted to pass on that even with discount coupons from Dodge, be careful about service parts. I wanted everything on my truck Mopar and the dealer to have a record. I had my Oil and filter changed (had a couple free changes left ) and told them with the coupons to change the blades and an Air filter. It came to $82.00!!!!!!!!!!!!! I about lost it. I paid and then went to a friend that sold me the truck and he had it changed for me, even the service manger couldn't believe it. I'll just go back to Napa and get my other filters, blades and so forth. I just wanted to give everybody a heads up. It's sad, I know dealer markup is higher but with prices like this, if it's not warranty or a deal like the oil changes, unless it's in writing, I won't go back.

:doh:

JWM59 07-05-2013 05:46 PM

Guy at work had his changed at his dealer on a Audi. 100.00 Holy shit! :Wow1:

Grubrunner 07-05-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markjr (Post 1142868)
Hello all, I just wanted to pass on that even with discount coupons from Dodge, be careful about service parts. I wanted everything on my truck Mopar and the dealer to have a record. I had my Oil and filter changed (had a couple free changes left ) and told them with the coupons to change the blades and an Air filter. It came to $82.00!!!!!!!!!!!!! I about lost it. I paid and then went to a friend that sold me the truck and he had it changed for me, even the service manger couldn't believe it. I'll just go back to Napa and get my other filters, blades and so forth. I just wanted to give everybody a heads up. It's sad, I know dealer markup is higher but with prices like this, if it's not warranty or a deal like the oil changes, unless it's in writing, I won't go back.

That there in bold is your problem.

Live and learn brother....

GTyankee 07-05-2013 06:24 PM

As you know
No Warranty covers wear parts, like the wipers & filter
Wait until you need to change spark plugs !!!!!
You can get them at ROCK AUTO for about 1/4th the price, or at Oriellys Auto for about 1/2 the dealers price
the plugs do need to be re-gapped, they are preset to 44, which is different then the Owners Manual

Troyw740 07-05-2013 07:52 PM

I would recommend after ur free stuff is done with find a good shop u trust or do it ur self if u can. Really to be honest with u no one cares about service records when u resell ur truck or trade it in. Iol =)

markjr 07-05-2013 08:22 PM

Yeah, live and learn. I have always done my own work and while my Ranger was under warranty, the wiper blades there at Ford is only $19.00 ( me putting them on with a coupon). I knew then and know better now. Without a doubt I would have said the same exact thing to somebody else about their Ram. I was wrapped up in the "I'll keep original" mode. But it's still hard to beat the oil change and filter deals. I can't hardly buy it cheaper than that. Go figure.

BigRedRam1500 11-24-2013 12:00 AM

I keep a detailed journal of all my service and maint. not so much for resale but for myself. I had alot of service work done on our caravan and received a letter in the mail from DODGE about a recall on a certain part. If I had the repair done and could prove it (receipt) they would reimburse me. Well needless to say almost a year after I had the repair done I got my money back!!!

CajunDodge 11-24-2013 12:11 AM

That's pretty steep for wiper blades for sure! Only time I let the dealer replace mine was when they threw them in for free with my oil change. Other than that, I buy/replace them myself.

- Cajun

RedSmart 11-24-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markjr (Post 1142868)

For $82.00 I hope that there is somebody that jumps out and cleans your windows for you at each set of traffic lights! LOL......

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWM59 (Post 1142983)
Guy at work had his changed at his dealer on a Audi. 100.00 Holy shit! :Wow1:

I will try and make this short. LOL........

Many, many years ago my Dad drove a VW Jetta (diesel), and long after it was out of warranty he would take it to an old VW mechanic with his own shop to have it looked after.

One day the mechanic lists the parts and problems for my Dad and the cost, and my Dad authorizes the guy to fix his car.

A few days later Dad goes in to pick it up and notices that there wasn't something done to the car that should have been. He tells the mechanic about the missed problem and asks him to fix it.

Another day or two goes by and my Dad goes and gets his car, however the mechanic honoured the same dollar amount as was originally quoted.

(hang in there this relates to your Audi comment)........

When my Dad (being the honest type of guy that he is) questioned the bill knowing that there was more work done than first quoted, the mechanic smiled and said to him "see that Audi over there, well his pockets are deeper than your's so he can cover the added cost of your bill".

Apparently if you drive a nice car you get soaked more, because you can apparently afford more for repairs than what they actually cost?!?!

So it looks like no matter how bad I may want one, I won't spend the money on a super expensive car knowing that I may be supplementing the cost of somebody's car that is less fortunate than I! LOL.......

CajunDodge 11-24-2013 12:45 AM

Wow ^^^^ sounds like that mechanic has a lot in common with our current government :LOL: Redistribute the wealth err repair bill?!

- Cajun