DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LEVELING (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=261)
-   -   Leveling kit pros/cons (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=146940)

Jhouse 07-07-2013 04:46 PM

Leveling kit pros/cons

Ive got a 12 express 4x4 and thinking about a leveling kit but dont know much about them. Any info would help. Things like price are all kits comparable ride quality and warranty void etc. thanks

starquestbd22 07-07-2013 09:30 PM

There really aren't any cons if you do it properly. Bilstein 5100 leveling struts are the way to go. Probably the most expensive way....I'd guess $200 for the struts and $150 if you pay someone to install. They won't affect the nice ride and do the job right with quality parts. Lots of people run the simple spacer type kits as well. They are the cheaper alternative but without the benefit of the Bilstein struts. Neither should have any affect on your warranty if installed and aligned properly.

brandonjansen 07-07-2013 09:49 PM

What starquestbd22 said is pretty much correct. The only downside would be that they are a little harder on front end parts such has ball joints, bushings, etc. But for how much better it will make your truck look its totally worth it.

If you're interested in leveling spacers I'm selling my HBS 2.5" spacers for $60 shipped. Only been used for 7 months and I haven't had any issues with them whatsoever. They won't be coming off my truck for a week or two yet though....

dshort70 07-10-2013 06:52 PM

Not trying to butt in on the offer starquest, but if you decide not to go for the spacers I may be very interested. Brandon would you be selling both the front 2.5" and rear .75" for $60?

brandonjansen 07-10-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dshort70 (Post 1146782)
Not trying to butt in on the offer starquest, but if you decide not to go for the spacers I may be very interested. Brandon would you be selling both the front 2.5" and rear .75" for $60?

It's just the front 2.5" spacers. I'll be keeping the 0.75" ones just in case I want to use them in the future.

As of right now sambrian2007 is first on my lift for the spacers as he was the first one to contact me. If that falls through though you'll be next. Send me a PM, it's easier for me to keep track of who messaged me in what order then.

dshort70 07-11-2013 07:54 PM

Apparently I can't PM because I don't have enough posts. If you want to PM me your email I could get in contact with you that way if your first offer falls through. Keep me posted, thanks.

Coors2784 07-12-2013 08:13 PM

I bought the 2 inch spacers and haven't bad any issues and was an easy install. I bought them for about 120$ shipped.