DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Fog lights aren't working (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=147029)

Vincetampa 07-08-2013 05:27 PM

Fog lights aren't working

Just tried the fog lights on my recent road trip and they aren't coming on. The light on the dash shows them on/off with switch, but lights don't do anything.

2013 Big Horn Crew Cab

Any help? Anyone else have this problem?

:4-dontknow:

Arth 07-08-2013 05:39 PM

Very strange. Sounds like a trip to the dealer for that warranty thing you have for the next three years.

nikeman 07-08-2013 05:40 PM

That's weird. Maybe they forgot to put bulbs in at the factory or something. Hopefully its something simple.

04srt10 07-08-2013 06:16 PM

check fuse under hood?

Grubrunner 07-08-2013 06:41 PM

Yeah, check your fuse panel.

Your EVIC display saying an accessory is on and it actually being on is often two different things. Your EVIC will display the item being on based on the switch you've activated. Doesn't always mean the accessory is working at the end of the curcuit's chain.

If all else fails, jump on Arth's suggestion.

Good luck.

Asur 07-08-2013 07:31 PM

Lmao, hope this is not like others that keep trying to turn on there fog lights but there turning on there cab bed lights instead :LOL:

The button for the fogs is located in the middle of the light button, its not the small button on the bottom of the switch panel, that button is for the rear 3rd brake light Bed lights

jimbomaz 07-08-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asur (Post 1145135)
Lmao, hope this is not like others that keep trying to turn on there fog lights but there turning on there cab bed lights instead :LOL:

That is good info...I tried to turn my fog lights on and on and on, but they wouldn't. Finally figured out I had my bright lights on. :thk:

Vincetampa 07-08-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asur (Post 1145135)

The button for the fogs is located in the middle of the light button, its not the small button on the bottom of the switch panel, that button is for the rear 3rd brake light Bed lights

hmmmmm. now I gotta go outside and check if I'm switching the bed lights..

Vincetampa 07-08-2013 10:58 PM

Asur,

That was it. I didn't notice that the big light switch know could be pushed in.

Thanks!!

huntergreen 07-08-2013 11:08 PM

vince, wish i could say i am not laughing at you. also wish i could say i haven't similar things with new vehicles.