DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   VARARAM - Dodge Ram Performance! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   2013 Fit issue fixed? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=147100)

DarthRam 07-09-2013 01:24 PM

2013 Fit issue fixed?

I had a few questions about the Vararam potentially for my 2013 Sport. Has the fit issue been fixed? Anyway to know for sure when ordering from any vendor? If I were to purchase a standard version would I be able to swap out or get the parts that would work on my 2013 Sport?

Thanks!

DarthRam 07-14-2013 02:50 AM

Wow, I guess I'll spend my money on another CAI. Thanks for the reply.

RAM357 01-27-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthRam (Post 1149707)
Wow, I guess I'll spend my money on another CAI. Thanks for the reply.

Magnaflow 14" Custom Install Bilstein 5100s Front Only Set at 2.8" Vararam Air Grabber Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna Dee Zee Tailgate Assist Billet Technology "The Punisher" Shift Knob Debadged doors and tailgate Plasti Dipped Grille Inserts, Grille RAM Head and Tailgate RAM Head Exterior Chrome Delete 20" XD Series 795 Hoss LT305/55R20 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T Cabin Air Filter BAKFlip Roll-X Tonneau Cover

Hey DarthRam, looks like you got one in the end. How do you like the Vararam? Fit ok?

Thinking about it presently .. in talks with Andrew.

Thanks

Var

DarthRam 01-28-2014 12:12 AM

I got one from another member because I couldn't pass ($250 shipped) on the price. Fit is OK. There is some rubbing on the Sport hood insulation but nothing major. Looks awesome and sounds better.

RAM357 01-28-2014 04:33 AM

"Sounds better"

I know a lot of guys naturally go for loud everything, but even though I've definitely warmed up to the HEMI roar, that first 45 minute commute home from the dealership was an eye opener. That DRONE .. I thought, crap, what did I do?!

But it grows .. now it's the drone of the 37's .. ha. I keep the stereo sufficiently high so wifey doesn't quite notice.

So if this Vararam is quieter, and less drone like on the hwy that will be fine by me!

Is that what you mean by "sounds better" DR?

Thanks for the update!

Var

DarthRam 01-28-2014 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAM357 (Post 1310889)
"Sounds better"

I know a lot of guys naturally go for loud everything, but even though I've definitely warmed up to the HEMI roar, that first 45 minute commute home from the dealership was an eye opener. That DRONE .. I thought, crap, what did I do?!

But it grows .. now it's the drone of the 37's .. ha. I keep the stereo sufficiently high so wifey doesn't quite notice.

So if this Vararam is quieter, and less drone like on the hwy that will be fine by me!

Is that what you mean by "sounds better" DR?

Thanks for the update!

Var

The Nittos hum on the highway and tend to over power any noise unless the rear slider is open and I trounce on it. With the Vararam and the Magnaflow combination it definitely sounds like a truck. Would the Vararam by itself add anything? I do not know as I have both. Again, it looks awesome when I lift the hood.