DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Vibrations/Grinding in the gas pedal (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=147156)

Lebowski 07-10-2013 12:10 AM

Vibrations/Grinding in the gas pedal

I bought my 2010 Dodge ram 1500 two weeks ago it has 50,000 miles on it and I had flowmaster 40's put on it and I have noticed a grinding/vibration in the gas pedal. Is this normal? Also I found out my truck is in Recall for a pinion nut. Which I am taking it back to the dealership tomorrow. And thoughts on what the vibrations might be? Also I am wanting to put a leveling kit on. Just to raise it up a little what are your thoughts on that.

Thank you,

Lebowski

A new dodge owner!

huntergreen 07-10-2013 12:27 AM

vibration....could it be the tc? we all have trucks waiting for parts for the pinion nut recall. parts remain N/A no plans to level my truck so others will have to help with that. congrats on the ram! welcome to the forum.

Lebowski 07-10-2013 12:32 AM

What is TC? Traction Control?

RogerRamJet 07-10-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebowski (Post 1146231)
What is TC? Traction Control?

Torque Converter, the big bowl looking thing in your transmission. I doubt that it is your TC, though. I'm wondering, how do you feel a vibration only in your gas pedal? You don't feel in in the floor board or steering wheel or braked pedal?

Excoastie 07-10-2013 07:15 AM

To the OP... does the vibration in the throttle only happen when you're accelerating forcefully? Could it potentially be feedback from the extra sound coming out of the flow master?

and by the way :worthless:

Exco

Astartes 07-10-2013 07:17 AM

Oh man, I don't even wanna think about the vibrations. Ill leave that to the other guys here. However I put a nice 2.5" front level on my truck from top gun customs. There's before and after pictures and even on of me installing it intobthe strut tower on my mods list in my signature if interested

Lebowski 07-10-2013 03:28 PM

Took it to the dealer this morning they didn't see a problem. They fixed the pinon nut recall. Got to take it back next week the AC blower is making a ticking noise. So they got to fix it. Maybe a weight on the muffler I saw where someone put a thing on their muffler with hose clamps with bb's in it to keep the vibration from coming to the front of the truck. I have looked all over to find it. But I cant find the post. :(

primo spaghetti 07-11-2013 08:33 PM

i have the same gas pedal vibration and have always had it...no aftermarket exhaust either....

i was told by the dealer. unfortunatly i have a few issues with my truck that ive been told are all normal. im glad i bought it used for alot less money than some guys who paid full whack for a brand new one!

Jackson10 07-14-2013 07:20 PM

Same here, I got a 2010 Dodge Ram SLT with Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler and I felt the grinding/vibration in the gas pedal before I even had the Flowmaster Muffler put on. I even had one of my brothers drive it one day he didn't feel anything. For a while I thought I was the only one having that issue, but I'm not.

Still waiting for the parts for the Pinion Nut Recall from my dealer. Tic Toc Tic Toc

Geniusgene 11-04-2013 09:28 PM

Hi all, first post. I just picked up a '10 qc sport with 27,000 miles and it has a slight vibration or grinding in the gas pedal too. This truck looks new and had the pinion recall done. Can't feel it with cruise on. Only when touching the gas pedal. Glad I'm not the only one.