DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Royal Purple (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=147234)

wascobi 07-11-2013 12:06 AM

Royal Purple

probably been asked a thousand times. anyone using RP oil and filters? happy with the results? ie no extra leaks or ticks? what kind of mileage between changes? Im at 75k and plan on keeping this truck quite a while.

Excoastie 07-11-2013 07:28 AM

I have used RP in the past, but didn't notice any difference in it from any other synthetic. I have found the Mobil 1 performs the same with a cheaper price, it's also a lot easier to find.

Exco

Grubrunner 07-11-2013 07:44 AM

I use [only] Royal Purple filters exclusively on all our vehicles.

I won't touch anything else.

Jmac86201 07-11-2013 08:54 AM

i made the switch from the stock fluids, to all royal purple. engine oil, transmission fluid, oil filter, front and rear differential, transfer case, power steering, and the radiator additive. i have not had one complaint about the price. the synerlec additive in the oils help to keep your truck cooler when under more stress. prevents early where to. have had this in the truck for 30k and works like a charm. going through my 60k service right now. i change my oil every 7k-7.5k miles. you get what you pay for thats for sure. royal purple and amsoil are the best synthetics out there. amsoil a little more than royal purple but harder to find.

Grubrunner 07-11-2013 09:10 AM

Amsoil being hard to find is a common miscoception.

It's readily available thru MANY online Certified Amosil Dealers.

I'm pretty sure Bully's Performance, a vendor on these very boards, is an Amsoil Certified Dealer.

I believe there are also more than a couple of members here who are also Amsoil Certified Dealer.

Gantman 07-11-2013 09:51 AM

I use RP just cause it looks and smells good!:LOL:

huntergreen 07-11-2013 02:13 PM

i have been using penzoil ultra, and either a K&N white filter or mopar filter. engine seems to like and engine seems quite. also has the chrysler cert. truth is, if you are following the chrysler oci to keep warranty intact, any off the shelf oil will be fine, proper weight of course. as for RP filters, who makes them? that should be a decent starting place to decide if you want to use them.

rammedifiknow 07-18-2013 09:51 AM

you guys are nuts!

use mobil1 or oem fluids. royal purple is junk. Castrol edge? again, breaks down quick! and amsoil? cmon, cut the SH*T! the most overrated oil and fluids on the market and they cost too much. mobil1 was just having a corporate sale at $5 a quart. beat that. I've used them all. nothing beats mobil1. period. used amsoil in Yamaha sled for a season. went back to yamalube and the thing ran way better, like night and day. used amsoil in my Yamaha yz426. ahhh, again, was disappointed. could hear the engine making noises it had never made before. before you say I don't know anything, I have been in this game for years and have had many cars, trucks and toys. would not recommend anything but mobil1. wish I was paid to say this, but i'm not. one of the best race shops in the east mike deez in Seekonk, RI... proof in the pudding. hes dynoed all kinds of autos, and has never seen anything work or produce the constant horsepower that mobil1 does. nuff said. :smileup:

Asur 07-18-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gantman (Post 1147299)
I use RP just cause it looks and smells good!:LOL:

What about the taste? :LOL:

Hermes1 07-18-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asur (Post 1153250)
What about the taste? :LOL:

Tastes like chicken.:LOL: