DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Kills and More Kills (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   06ish impala ss (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=147307)

shawnu 07-11-2013 10:48 PM

06ish impala ss

Okay, so I decided I'd finally post a kill. It all started as I was coming up to a stop light to a 2 lane entrance ramp when a 06ish impala ss fly's by and cuts me off. So I'm suck behind him and when it turned green, it was on. As soon as I could I got in the other lane and in no time I was at his rear bumper when he drifts over into my lane, I don't know if he was looking for me and not paying attention, or he was trying to cut me off, but I hit the brakes and he got back in his lane and we get back on it. Again, in no time I was by his side at 80-90mph when my GF starts yelling to stop.... party pooper!!! Anyways I was surprised that my express took him since they have the 5.3 vortec in them. Just thought I'd share. Happy happy happy:smileup:

moparornocar72 07-12-2013 01:02 AM

They are not that bad once they get up there. Got one at the drag strip one night. Nice kill!

Flaminchiten 07-13-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnu (Post 1147976)
Anyways I was surprised that my express took him since they have the 5.3 vortec in them.

They have the 5.7 lt1 engine in them from the corvette and z28/formula/trans am.

shawnu 07-13-2013 07:13 PM

The 96 impala ss did. I think they made it for 2 or 3 years. This was a new body style one.

USAF Long 08-13-2013 11:13 AM

94-96 had 5.7L LT1 with iron heads and a different cam (Vette and Z28 had aluminum heads)

04-05 had the supercharged 3.8L V6 from the Pontiac GTP and Buick Regal GS and Monte Carlo SS (04-05)

06-09 had the LS4 5.3L V8, same as Pontiac GXP, Chevy Monte Carlo SS, and the 08-09 Buick Lacrosse Super (never seen one of these Buicks).

USAF Long 08-13-2013 11:17 AM

Good kill. One of my buddies back home that I grew up with has an 07 Impala SS w/ a loud exhaust on it. It just doesn't seem right to have a car that looks like that sounding like a GTO lol. My mom has a 3.5L V6 Impala and every time I see my friends it reminds me of my moms car except for the different wheels, fog lights, and dual cut outs for the exhaust tips in the back.

I don't know how fast it is but I would think its faster than my Hemi Ram. If I ever see him when I'm back home visiting my folks, I'll ask him to go line them up.

RadioFlyer 08-14-2013 01:59 AM

Nice kill shawnu, use to hunt them down with my IROC camaro...won some lost some They're pretty fast with excellent hole shots. At least the ones I knew were, have some friends with some fast ones still. It all depends on the owner skills, some are really bada$$$. Haven't raced any with my truck and don't want to, I want trucks. I have a friend of a friend with a tuned 5.3 Chevy Colorado that I want a piece of (he doesn't know it yet). It's no slouch either, not sure if I can beat it but I think I can. Anyway, good race and nice kill!