DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   eBay Headlights (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=147341)

Ezekielguy86 07-12-2013 12:54 PM

eBay Headlights
 
Trying to decide on some new headlights as I want some black housings. I differently want to install HIDs so take that into consideration with the choice.

Im looking at want looks like a factory style with just back housings for about $130 shipped and the other set is a single projector style with a ccfl ring around it for $350. Pretty big difference in price but maybe there is a difference in light out put.

Let me know what you guys think and please let me know what you use. Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-2012-DO...ef8e2f&vxp=mtr

toober 07-12-2013 04:37 PM

Do you have a link to the first style for comparison? Black housings are on my future list too.

Graygoose 07-12-2013 05:11 PM

What about Retro shop? I had JJ do a custom set painted black inside, then stepped to the 2013 projectors with LED turns, LOVE them!

Ezekielguy86 07-12-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graygoose (Post 1148511)
What about Retro shop? I had JJ do a custom set painted black inside, then stepped to the 2013 projectors with LED turns, LOVE them!

Well I guess what all it cost to get that done as Im not trying to break the bank. Just get better lighting and little better look. Ive never been one too keep one vehicle for more than 1-2 years so don't want to put way too much money in it. Guess I haven't done a good job of that so far since I really like this truck and may actually keep it.

Ezekielguy86 07-12-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toober (Post 1148484)
Do you have a link to the first style for comparison? Black housings are on my future list too.


http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-2012-DO...8636d5&vxp=mtr

brandonjansen 07-12-2013 05:35 PM

What headlights do you have right now? Dual or quad? Why not just bake yours apart and paint them yourself? I'd way sooner do that then spend the money for the painted ones off eBay.

Kooker 07-12-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekielguy86 (Post 1148524)


DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT buy those headlights or any for that matter from that company. Their rating on ebay is very misleading and not accurate. I bought that set from them 4 months ago and the first time It rained I got moisture in both housings. Talked to the company extensively about the situation and all they said was "Put a bead of silicon around the whole housing." They wouldn't let me return them and they told me, the customer, to fix their problem with THEIR product. I'd stay away from dotcomracing if I was you.

Graygoose 07-12-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekielguy86 (Post 1148519)
Well I guess what all it cost to get that done as Im not trying to break the bank. Just get better lighting and little better look. Ive never been one too keep one vehicle for more than 1-2 years so don't want to put way too much money in it. Guess I haven't done a good job of that so far since I really like this truck and may actually keep it.

He did an excellent job painting the inside of mine black, and you can add some Silverstars to help.
http://imageshack.us/a/img194/1052/20130312162714.jpg

Ezekielguy86 07-12-2013 06:52 PM

I have the dual setup as I have an express. I wanted to paint mine but attempted to do one and had such a difficult time taking them apart I gave up. Ive done 5-6 sets in the past and this unit was a pos. I now have moisture in my light that I tried to take apart so thats why Im looking for new ones.

RAM EM 07-13-2013 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezekielguy86 (Post 1148599)
I have the dual setup as I have an express. I wanted to paint mine but attempted to do one and had such a difficult time taking them apart I gave up. Ive done 5-6 sets in the past and this unit was a pos. I now have moisture in my light that I tried to take apart so thats why Im looking for new ones.

Same thing happened to me. I bought the ones off eBay (not from dot.com racing, though) and I've had no problems with them so far, been about 8 months now.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger