DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   what next? hmmmm (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=147467)

FeedMetal 07-13-2013 11:24 PM

what next? hmmmm

so i've been debating on what to save towards for my next mod. so far i've done CAI, 14" MF muffler, BD GT hemi + tuner premium tune.

what next?
was thinking LT headers or TB?
catch can is already next

brandonjansen 07-14-2013 12:08 AM

Catch can is definitely a good thing to have next on your list.

I'd definitely recommend doing the throttle body before you touch the headers. Have you swapped out the factory Y-pipe with a Magnaflow one? That would also be a good option.

FeedMetal 07-14-2013 12:19 AM

Well if I was gonna get LT np in ypipe swap. Res delete is 200. Wouldn't mind ypipe. Res delete and throttle body

FeedMetal 07-14-2013 05:23 PM

so not doing headers for a while. might as well do cam and heads when i do LT headers.

just gonna do a MF y-pipe and res delete for now.

but as for throttle body i donno if i should go with a 85mm or a 87mm.

TaderzNgravy 07-14-2013 07:00 PM

Dont worry about a throttle body for now. The gains wont be noticeable.

If I were you I'd invest in a torque converter.

AlmostSleezy 07-15-2013 01:44 AM

I have a 85mm throttle body and I have longtube headers. But 87mm might be best, especially if you're going cam / heads in the future.

FeedMetal 07-15-2013 02:34 AM

after driving around today, i need something. lol
just seems like a slug off the line. couldnt get it to spin the tires off the line with TC off.
damn 3.55 . how much for a gear swap? lol 3.92 would be nice

if i do headers gonna do cam and heads at same time since i have to remove heads anyway for LT headers

Astartes 07-16-2013 02:17 PM

Throttle body if i had to pick. Its something you can easily do yourself

jerseymike 07-16-2013 02:25 PM

I would be cautious about the cam, from what I've read its a pain to dial on a a VVT engine. I went with BBK ceramic shorties for 350 and going to use the money I saved from longtubes to get a 4.10 rear. It should be about 400 for gears and bearing and another 400 for install and misc. That should get me off the line quick.

fastNugly @ BP 07-16-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMetal (Post 1149540)
so i've been debating on what to save towards for my next mod. so far i've done CAI, 14" MF muffler, BD GT hemi + tuner premium tune.

what next?
was thinking LT headers or TB?
catch can is already next

Is there a spending limit?
If so, I would do the Catch Can and TB and then the LT headers shortly after when funds recoup.
If funds are present.....do em all
LOL

How you liking the tuner?