DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Frustrated Total Load Control (TLC) Owner (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=147554)

pingraldi 07-14-2013 08:08 PM

Frustrated Total Load Control (TLC) Owner

pissed off and upset...long story short I spent almost $500 on TLC air bags plus $150 to have installed in order to avoid issues I may introduce. Bags nothin but trouble from day one. Leaked, had to redo airlines 3 times, only to find out the company had bad batch of mis-drilled holes where the valve seats on the bag. Well once I had that fixed up by having to undo the entire system again I left for vacation with my camper only to have bags move, twist and melt to my muffler. Had loaded it with 20 lbs of air to ensure my ride would be safe. Got to campground to find out the above mentioned mess. Fighting for my money back and with no luck so far.

Just purchased Airlift 1000's which were actually my first choice until I saw TLC......which should now be called Total Load of Crap.....dont normally do this but I am stuck with a mess under my truck right now and feel a two year warranty should be exactly that......

LeftCoast 07-15-2013 03:58 AM

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the TLC system. I have had Airlift 1000's since day 2 of owning my truck......zero issues. Love em!

Asur 07-15-2013 07:40 AM

I would post this in the TLC section if its not already there.

pingraldi 07-15-2013 09:45 PM

spoke with TLC today...sending newly designed bags and plates that address my issues..lets hope it works

huntergreen 07-15-2013 11:01 PM

are they picking up the install fee?

Asur 07-16-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pingraldi (Post 1150962)
spoke with TLC today...sending newly designed bags and plates that address my issues..lets hope it works

Make sure the air valve on the bag is nice and tight and no leaks before you install them, they are now on top and hard to check once installed. Had I known I would of Teflon taped them before they went on the truck. Just a heads up

pingraldi 07-16-2013 06:38 PM

The install fee is lost. My buddy and I are going to remove the old set and the new ones too.

The valves are indeed an issue as well since they had oversized drill holes. We tackled that with an automotive adhesive/sealant called automotive amazing goop.

ArmyofOne 07-17-2013 09:36 AM

I am so sorry you had these issues. Who have you been working with? Had I known about them, you would have been taken care of right from the start.

I know exactly the design fault you are talking about. I noticed it while testing the system for the first time. I had a hand in the design of the new system and I can assure you it works.

While we can't help you recoup your install fee, I do hope you received your new setup at no cost to you. If not let me know. And thank you for your business. We do appreciate it.

Gantman 07-17-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne (Post 1152221)
I am so sorry you had these issues. Who have you been working with? Had I known about them, you would have been taken care of right from the start.

I know exactly the design fault you are talking about. I noticed it while testing the system for the first time. I had a hand in the design of the new system and I can assure you it works.

While we can't help you recoup your install fee, I do hope you received your new setup at no cost to you. If not let me know. And thank you for your business. We do appreciate it.

ArmyofOne! You are a great asset to this forum, our Ram brothers, and are in keeping with the highest traditions of our United States Military! Oh sorry, must have presented quite a few awards in my days.:LOL: But serious though bud, thanks for all you do AoO!

huntergreen 07-17-2013 08:12 PM

yeah, i would be looking for some kind of help on the install fee even it if meant a rep had to come out and install for op. on the other hand, this is the first complaint i have read about this product. most are happy with it.