DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   NAV/Stereo system suddenly won't turn on...????? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=147562)

Driver72 07-14-2013 10:06 PM

NAV/Stereo system suddenly won't turn on...?????

I remember reading briefly about this in posts in the past, but not sure where to find them as I've searched a bit but can't find what I'm looking for.

In short, bought the truck yesterday, at the dealer the NAV system was working perfect, same with stereo, Sirius radio was already on and working.
Drove the truck home, still working.
Got up this morning, left in truck, everything working.

This evening I get in, and no power to the 8.4 inch screen.
Nothing I did would turn it on.
Got home after 4 mile errand turned truck off, and back on, still no power.
Went through menus and briefly through owners manual can't find anything.

Pressed the "Assist" button...nothing
Pressed it and held it for several seconds...nothing.

What am I missing here? Do I need to do something to get the NAV/Stereo to come back on?

Thanks

kev12345 07-14-2013 10:17 PM

The radios may as well be in beta stage. They're buggy as hell. Bring it in and write a letter. We're all tired of Chrysler releasing radios that clearly did not go under any significant amount of testing. Uconnect blows!

Garemz 07-14-2013 10:22 PM

I had te same issue took it to a different dealer they told me the truck was still in shipping mode took them 5 min to change it.

Driver72 07-14-2013 10:22 PM

Kev are you seriously??
So I've had this brand new truck for 24 hours and I've got to take it to a dealer for service already???

Driver72 07-14-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garemz (Post 1150178)
I had te same issue took it to a different dealer they told me the truck was still in shipping mode took them 5 min to change it.

So it's an easy fix?
Did your radio/NAV work for a bit then stop while it was in "shipping" mode?

Garemz 07-14-2013 10:28 PM

Worked for 3 days then just wouldn't turn on.

He said my lights were not working properly being in ship mode check yours at night time see if they go on.

Driver72 07-14-2013 10:35 PM

yes my lights go on no problem.
Well I guess, if it's going to be bad news that I have to go into the dealer already to fix something, hopefully it is just a 5 minute fix and mine is in shipping mode too.

My truck literally just landed on the dealer lot 4 days before I got it.
So it's doubtful the dealer did much other than PDI it (which probably should of been the time they take it out of "shipping mode" but lets be honest, the guys who do PDI probably aren't always on top of their game or the brightest bulbs in the room), so it could of easily gotten overlooked.

I really hope it's just that simple to fix.

GTyankee 07-14-2013 11:02 PM

the PREP team at the dealership that i use, arrive on a short bus with a few Guidance Volunteers
They are allowed to smile gleefully as they wash the vehicles
I don't believe that they are allowed to push any buttons

maybe your dealership uses the same team

kev12345 07-15-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driver72 (Post 1150179)
Kev are you seriously??
So I've had this brand new truck for 24 hours and I've got to take it to a dealer for service already???

yep, get ready for random freezes/shutdowns as you're driving too. then you'll call chrysler and they'll act like you're the only person having problems... its great :smileup:

Driver72 07-18-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev12345 (Post 1150309)
yep, get ready for random freezes/shutdowns as you're driving too. then you'll call chrysler and they'll act like you're the only person having problems... its great :smileup:

Learned that first hand already.
Both the dealer where I bought the truck's service advisor said, "that's strange I've heard of them freezing up for a bit or certain functions not working, but have never heard or seen of them go completely dead."

When I called Chrysler to open a case file, the guy said the same thing, "oh wow, you have a 8.4AN (or whatever), I've never heard of that model losing power completely."

So, I've had the truck 24 hours to drive it.
It's currently sitting in my garage, as I don't want to drive it until it's fixed and I want the truck to look like it is, BRAND NEW when I take it in to the dealer, and my earliest appt at my local dealer is next Thursday (I should of know, what does that tell you when a dealer's service dept is booked for 10 days in advance?)
Call up a Lexus dealer or Honda dealer and you can get in sometimes the same day, or next day usually.

I'm hopeful it's just a reflash or reboot (though my truck was built in June and delivered on July 6th, so you'd think it would have the most up to date version), but I fear they'll have to order a whole new radio and pull my whole center stack apart to fix it.
Just great, brand new vehicle, and 24 hours later I have to have some grease monkey climbing all over inside it, tearing it apart to "fix" what should never have to be taken apart (for many, many years at least).

Ive already told Chrysler that if that's the case, if there is so much of a scratch, ding, stain, whatever to the interior from this process, that an "oops we are sorry" won't cut it.