DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Any try E-Cigs? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=147575)

Crobber 07-15-2013 02:41 AM

Any try E-Cigs?

Picked up some Blu Cigs.

Its ok. Nothing like my buddys much larger one that to me seems like a small portable hookah.

Def. has some unique flavors.

Any else have thoughts ?

GTyankee 07-15-2013 03:14 AM

a friend of mine was offered an e cig
he thought, what the heck, it can't hurt me
well he has a Class A semi truck drivers licence

there was something that made him dizzy & later a headache
so if your going to enjoy one of them, buy it from a legal store
not from a so called friend, some ppl have found a way to SPIKE them

CajunDodge 07-15-2013 10:13 AM

I've been curious about these myself, just haven't been brave enough to try them. Guess I know what's in smoke so it makes me wonder what's in the "vapor" lol. One of our truck drivers uses them since he can't smoke in a company vehicle and he seems happy but still wants a regular smoke when he makes a stop. One day I will probably break down and give it a try but let us know what you think.

- Cajun

maust1 07-15-2013 10:39 AM

I don't like that scratchy feeling in my throat has when I use one so I went back to Camels.

HemiLonestar 07-15-2013 11:24 AM

A third of the crew on my ship smokes, about 1/2 to 3/4 of them tried it prior to the last patrol (all at the same time, I thought it was funny). Just about all of them went back to regular smokes (which meant they were bumming off of whoever they could until we pulled in somewhere they could buy their own).

PaulMys 07-15-2013 08:59 PM

I've given them a try. Not satisfying enough. Oh, and don't try to bring one into Yankee Stadium with idea that you won't have a smoke for 3 hours while drinking $11 beers. NO e-cigs allowed there either!

02 Ram 07-15-2013 09:07 PM

ive tried them and they work pretty good. what made me stop is someone told me that one blew up in a guys face. i checked it out online and sure enough there was something about it blew up and the filter end knocked out his front teeth and the other end launched into a closet and set it on fire

i have a card that says i can not be told not to smoke it in any establishment as its not a burning cigarette

kmdracer 07-15-2013 10:53 PM

I tried the Blu. It was okay. Currently I have a Fin. I like it a bit better. None of the ones I've tried are like a real cig, but, I'm trying to slow down then stop smoking, so I'll keep using one.

Crobber 07-17-2013 03:03 PM

The Blus were... Ok. I had a few flavors. Vanilla wad the best of them. My biggest issue with it was after a few strikes the flavor would be gone.

Blu Cigs 2/5 stars

I got the premium pack. Which the designer should get a bonus for, it is about as convenient as it gets. The pack never really felt like to big yet it held 5 other cartridges plus the pack itself charged the spare battery while the other one was in use. I did have trouble time to time pulling the e-cig out of its station due to the rapper catching.

The pack itself charged over a couple hours. Also the charging dock inside the pack would charge the battery in about a hour. Just make sure you remember to unscrew the battery from the dock whrn fully charged. The charge on the batteries would last me about a 6 hour period with moderate use. The pack itself I'm not sure as I charged it at night.

The cartridges seemed to last a while. Their flavors were just weak. I was frequently switching them. They produced little heat and had a safety to prevent a strije to not exceed 3 seconds. The smoke was light. You could get more vapor/smoke out of it if you covered the holes if that is what you are looking for. I couldnt tell if this made the flavor more present or it was just in my head, but either way you could hardly tell.

The look of blu cigs is very classy. Either going all white or all black (I had the all black) with a cooo blue light that wasnt to bright a slick shiny black battery and a soft black cartridges.

I continue this review later. Time to punch the clock in again

Crobber 07-17-2013 03:06 PM

Excuse some of the grammer mistakes I am on a tablet and its laggy. I already noticed a few words are missing and some are spelled incorrectly