DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Consumer Reports calls Ram the truck of the year (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=147682)

DrCrash 07-16-2013 06:29 AM

Consumer Reports calls Ram the truck of the year

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ll-size-pickup

Monster5601 07-16-2013 08:04 AM

Isn't it great? I saw this on the morning news, had a smile on my face the entire drive to work this morning.

Found more:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323848804578608172180410736.html?m od=WSJ_business_whatsNews

Here is what it says if you don't have a subscription:

Chrysler's Ram 1500 tops Consumer Reports' pickup ranking - For the first time ever, Chrysler Group LLC's Ram 1500 pickup has topped Consumer Reports' rankings for full-size pickups, a big win for an auto maker that is trying to elevate the image of its truck brand among buyers. The influential product-testing firm said the 2013 Ram 1500 "delivers one of the best rides of any pickup" and has a touch-screen infotainment system that is "one of the best in the business."Consumer Reports also said it is adding the Ram 1500 to its recommended list, based on the reliability of previous versions and the truck's performance in testing. Chrysler recently updated the full-size 1500 pickup for the 2013 model year, giving it a plushier interior, an improved ride and a version that gets top-notch fuel economy with a rating of 25 miles per gallon in highway driving. The truck has already been praised by many other reviewers, and in January was named North American truck of the year by a panel of jurors at the Detroit auto show. The top ranking from Consumer Reports is yet another vote of confidence at a time when Chrysler is trying to gain ground against competitors General Motors Co. and Ford Motor Co. Already, the Ram brand has managed to pick up market share from rivals. Ram sales in the first half of this year were up 23%, according to AutoData Corp. The testing firm's endorsement also comes as Chrysler works to turn around its quality image, which in the past has suffered from poor third-party reviews.The 1500 earned a 78-point score overall on the road test. By comparison, the Toyota Tundra scored 69 and the Ford F-150 received 68 points.

v6guy 07-16-2013 10:12 AM

Just another bullet in the chamber for my boss who drives a ford. FIST PUMP. Man I love proving him wrong

Grubrunner 07-16-2013 10:15 AM

That's awesome.

Thanks for posting.

DAA 07-16-2013 10:27 AM

Meh... I haven't read this one, but have read enough CR stuff on trucks to not really give a crap what they think or have to say about them. Their test and evaluation methods just don't translate to my real world.

I mean, kudos to Ram and all that, but this has zero influence on my personal purchasing decision - either way.

- DAA

C to the J 07-16-2013 10:48 AM

Yeah well, they also gave TOTY to the Honda Ridgeline in 2006 so I don't really hold their rankings in very high regard.

Jrewing 07-16-2013 11:34 AM

Great Article

I'm no fan of Consumer Reports, but I'll take some good publicity. I've had my 13 Ram for two weeks, and I can say that I am 100% happy and impressed with my new truck. I never thought I could drive something so nice.
My only complaint is the Sprint service and Yelp on the UConnect. Other than that, it's a winner with me. Now if I could just keep the bugs off of it. Got a stampede bug deflector, but doesn't do a lot of good.

cjgerson 07-16-2013 11:56 AM

I exchanged emails with my contact in RAM today and this is what he had to say regarding this award:

I cannot think of another award that we’d like to have. Never have I worked on a vehicle that has garnered so much praise from the outside world, it’s truly wild.

Copperhead2013 07-16-2013 09:20 PM

Thats really cool.

Grubrunner 07-16-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAA (Post 1151318)
Meh... I haven't read this one, but have read enough CR stuff on trucks to not really give a crap what they think or have to say about them. Their test and evaluation methods just don't translate to my real world.

I mean, kudos to Ram and all that, but this has zero influence on my personal purchasing decision - either way.

- DAA

Quote:

Originally Posted by C to the J (Post 1151340)
Yeah well, they also gave TOTY to the Honda Ridgeline in 2006 so I don't really hold their rankings in very high regard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrewing (Post 1151378)
I'm no fan of Consumer Reports, but I'll take some good publicity.

I agree with you all to some point.

We've been CR subscribers for almost 10YRS.

Sometimes they nail itand I whole heartdly agree.

Other times - and often - I'm scratching my head thinking, WTF?!?!

However, you ask any vehicle manufacturer and they'll tell you they would have CR's top ranking and recommendation than any other publication of the sorts.

Congrats to Ram.