DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Photos to DVD.... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=147764)

Grubrunner 07-16-2013 10:23 PM

Photos to DVD....

Who does this?

I've collected almost 600 family 3" X 5" prints [remember them?] in the last few days and want to take them somewhere to have them put on a DVD disc. Time to get rid of the photos for something that takes up a LOT less space.

I know there's some online vendors like FotoBridge but I'd rather go somewhere locally and leave it with them.

Anyone taken the same route?

Appreciate it.

RedSmart 07-16-2013 11:04 PM

I had a scanner once that would allow me to scan them and then burn them to a DVD.

It does take a long time to do it yourself though.

In fact the scanner I had also allowed me to feed it 35mm film too.

Excoastie 07-19-2013 07:37 AM

It's not hard to burn them to CD or DVD yourself, provided you've got all the pics in digital format.

If you don't already have 'em in digital format CVS does a pretty decent job of making a photo disc... I suspect that WalGreen's would do a similar job.

I'd think that pretty much any of the photo processing places that are out there would/ could do the job for ya

Exco

BlueJet 07-19-2013 08:05 AM

Places like Walgreens and CVS will send that out elsewhere to be done.

Warlock III 07-20-2013 01:24 PM

Is it possible to scan them and then burn them like a DVD?

Grubrunner 07-20-2013 06:50 PM

I can scan them and then store them into my PC and then send them over a DVD/CD however that's a shit load of photos to do because they have to be done individually. I just don't have the time OR the patience.

I visited Walgreens who were as usefull as tits on a bull. They had NFC. Moved on....

CVS said what BJ stated above. They send them out to a third party to get done - as they don't have the resources readily available in their stores - and expect them back in app. 3-4 weeks; often longer they said. That's way too long but their price was very reasonable as they quoted me app. $80.00 for everything with two additional discs made on each batch.

I'm visiting Kinkos FedEx next week as some online reasearch recommended them. I've dealt with them many times in the past for various things and have been very happy with the CS and professionalism.

I'm trying to avoid WalMart for personal reasons. Ask and I'll tell you.

I'll keep this thread posted.

Appreciate everyone's input thus far.

Cheers.

RedSmart 07-20-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubrunner (Post 1155160)
I can scan them and then store them into my PC and then send them over a DVD/CD however that's a shit load of photos to do because they have to be done individually. I just don't have the time OR the patience.

I visited Walgreens who were as usefull as tits on a bull. They had NFC. Moved on....

CVS said what BJ stated above. They send them out to a third party to get done - as they don't have the resources readily available in their stores - and expect them back in app. 3-4 weeks; often longer they said. That's way too long but their price was very reasonable as they quoted me app. $80.00 for everything with two additional discs made on each batch.

I'm visiting Kinkos FedEx next week as some online reasearch recommended them. I've dealt with them many times in the past for various things and have been very happy with the CS and professionalism.

I'm trying to avoid WalMart for personal reasons. Ask and I'll tell you.

I'll keep this thread posted.

Appreciate everyone's input thus far.

Cheers.

WOW that's a really good price if you ask me.

I'd say that if you have a load of them and don't have the time or the inclination to do them......well then $80.00 it is!

Okay I will bite, do tell the Walmart story.

........sneaks off to get some popcorn and a drink..........

Grubrunner 07-20-2013 10:38 PM

Two different WalMart locations within app. 20 miles from me.

First time: The nerf bars on my previous truck were stolen. Yes, someone had balls of steel to unbolt my nerf bars and take off with them in broad daylight. It was around early afternoon on a sunny Saturday Spring day in 2008. Truck was parked app. 500FT from the entrance. Parked in that location purposely to avoid door dings from other drivers. I didn't have any dings upon returning; just nerf bars MIA.

Imagine my surpise [shock] when I went to step up on to my nerf bars to get in the truck upon returning, and my right foot planted heavily onto the concrete floor. Not nice....

Second time: Around Winter of 2009, I was parked about the same distance at another Walmart. It was close to dusk on a clear, cold day. Came back to find my PIAA driving/spot lights on my Westin Bullbar missing. I noticed this from the time I exited the premises, as I had a clear view of my truck, because the front end was parked facing the entrance/exit. Wires were clean cut using side-cutters or the like. The split tubing was neatly tucked into the lights' mounting holes on the Westin.

Both times, I immediately approached the service desk and asked for the SM. Both times the tune was pretty much the same from two different SM's. Sorry, but our store's exterior cameras are positioned strategically for the safety of our customers and not their vehicles. Our exterior cameras cover only certain areas [distance] outside the perimeter of the entrance/exit of the premises. Of course, both times I was parked well outside the camera's viewpoint so nothing definitive was possible as to the event and/or person/s involved to be captured.

Suffice to say, I was not a happy camper on the second time. Shit happens, yes, but twice within a few short months of each other?!? C'mon.....

So for personal reasons, I no longer visit Walmart; at least I try not to.

RedSmart 07-22-2013 12:20 AM

Seriously?

Man that just plain sucks!!

I would be pissed if I came out the first time and saw mine missing, but the second time I came out and found something missing......oh man I would go apoplectic!!

I don't blame you though, I doubt I would be back either.