DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   No Drill Mud Flaps................ (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=147936)

Ram Dude 07-18-2013 10:01 PM

No Drill Mud Flaps................

Well, hunting season is right around the corner and I'm in the market for a set of hard plastic no drill mud flaps. I've been doing some searching and regardless what brand I get I will install 3M clear tape to prevent any rubbing issues, period. So my questions are:

1. Is weathertech the only one?

2. What are the part numbers please, front and back?

Thanx......................

Yumdinger 07-18-2013 10:41 PM

I am in the same boat. I researched the weather tech too and read often that they are too narrow to be effective. Anyone else experience this?

paramednick 07-18-2013 11:05 PM

I went with the weather-techs.
part #'s 110026/120026
They fit my truck great. I have the longhorn, so they have the flares. I don't think they're too small either. Easy to install and no rubbing.

sailks 07-18-2013 11:30 PM

I have a sport and they leave about 2" of tire exposed. They help but really are less then effective, $45 a pair

Arth 07-18-2013 11:33 PM

Has anyone checked autoanything and looked at husky molded splash guards?

They are 36 a pair.

Ram Dude 07-19-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailks (Post 1153990)
I have a sport and they leave about 2" of tire exposed. They help but really are less then effective, $45 a pair

What part of the tire is exposed, side or bottom?? A pic would be awesome though.................

macc08 07-19-2013 01:48 AM

i had the huskyliners on my truck, ive since took them off cause i preferred the look without. huskyliners are great quality, and cheaper then the weathertechs. dont need any additional holes, just uses the stock holes that hold the splashguard in.

If you want, i could probably sell mine to you.

Monster5601 07-19-2013 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram Dude (Post 1153898)
Well, hunting season is right around the corner and I'm in the market for a set of hard plastic no drill mud flaps. I've been doing some searching and regardless what brand I get I will install 3M clear tape to prevent any rubbing issues, period. So my questions are:

1. Is weathertech the only one?

2. What are the part numbers please, front and back?

Thanx......................

Check their web site, they make two designs for the RAM, one fits RAMs with wheel moldings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yumdinger (Post 1153964)
I am in the same boat. I researched the weather tech too and read often that they are too narrow to be effective. Anyone else experience this?

I can not agree with that, they as as wide as my tires on a Laramie.

JWM59 07-19-2013 05:20 AM

My Weathertech guards came this week. I like them a lot! Unless you truck has flares you can expect that your fenders are going to get dirty due to the tires sticking out slightly past them. I noticed that when I was installing them plus my truck is black and the sling is going to be a little more visible. it made me think that it might be cool if someone would design a one piece molded flair mud guard.

dparise 07-19-2013 06:39 AM

I just installed the MOPAR moulded splansh guards this week. They fit great and work great, good coverage. I drove through a bunch of mud and water puddles to test and it kept the truck pretty clean. I opted not to drill the rears and they fit up fine. The fronts needed one small hole. I used primer and then grease on the area to insure there is no rust that forms. I don't think it will be an issue, from what I can see there isn't any more metal exposed than what gets exposed when the factory installs the fender liner.