DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2014 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   rumor of a special edition.... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=148141)

teflon74 07-21-2013 04:19 PM

rumor of a special edition....

Ok all theres a rumor floating around that there will be a Harley Davidson edition 1500 this year. Now I know HD ended their relationship with F-rd this past year and I also know HD and Chrysler share a proving ground in Arizona. so there is some basis for it but has anyone heard anything more than rumor??? I for one would love to have one!

Ramzaq 07-21-2013 05:41 PM

I guess it would be good for those that are into special editions and Ram would most likely receive a few more sales. Now if they included a 6.4 Hemi in the mix then I hope they go for it.

skytop 07-21-2013 06:59 PM

What is the big deal with the 6.4 Hemi in the 1500? 'Bragging' rights? The difference in horsepower is only 4% and the difference in torque is only 4.5% On the street, that is ever so slight. We are talking about a work truck and not a yuppie street racer, right? For Ram reverie, it is a nice thought, but hardly worth paying for in dollars due to its thirsty nature and accompanying 6 speed tranny.

The 8 speed tranny that is available with the 5.7L gives first gear a major torque boost thanks to its 4.69 low gear. The 5.7L Hemi is a very underrated engine but responds well to modification. It can be easily altered for some serious power gains without the 'operational' costs of the more thirsty 6.4L. The choice is clear.

CdnoilRAM 07-21-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skytop (Post 1155817)
What is the big deal with the 6.4 Hemi in the 1500? 'Bragging' rights? The difference in horsepower is only 4% and the difference in torque is only 4.5% On the street, that is ever so slight. We are talking about a work truck and not a yuppie street racer, right? For Ram reverie, it is a nice thought, but hardly worth paying for in dollars due to its thirsty nature and accompanying 6 speed tranny.

The 8 speed tranny that is available with the 5.7L gives first gear a major torque boost thanks to its 4.69 low gear. The 5.7L Hemi is a very underrated engine but responds well to modification. It can be easily altered for some serious power gains without the 'operational' costs of the more thirsty 6.4L. The choice is clear.

There are quite a few of us that have a work truck and a street truck, both with very different uses, my Ram is my fast street truck and if there had been a 6.4L to start from, I would have picked it up, hell if there had been a 6.1L I would have picked it up. There is no replacement for displacement, well, unless you go forced induction as well :smileup: so call me a yuppie street racer, but I don't race on the streets, only at the strip.

bstc00 07-22-2013 11:54 AM

I think he might be talking about the srt 6.4 not the HD 6.4

Ramzaq 07-23-2013 02:41 AM

Yes, I was thinking more along the lines of the SRT since it would be a Harley Davidson addition, a little more gusto. And have it lope like a Harley at idle./s/

teflon74 07-23-2013 04:53 PM

I am digging but nothing yet, there is some things pointing that this may be true but I have nothing factual yet.

Kcbigbadram 07-23-2013 11:38 PM

I like the idea of the 6.4. Not so wild about the Harley part. It would always make me think of a ford

skytop 07-24-2013 10:24 AM

As I have read many posts on different boards, I frequently come across posts declaring the imminent release of a "special edition." Some even are holding their breath for an SRT Ram 1500 with the Viper V-10 engine.

I bet the sharp legal guys at Ford had a paragraph in their contract with Harley stating Harley could never contract with any other vehicle manufacturer to produce Harley Editions. The Harley truck edition is probably just on hiatus over at Ford.

This fantasy about special editions seems to be a constant among truck people. Dodge has a remarkable number of versions and editions of its Rams already available.

But fear not...a Dodge Ram Harley Davison Edition has been built. Here it is:
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/member...in-canada.html

FeedMetal 07-24-2013 11:14 AM

i want that motor in my truck lmao nah im good it drinks hard enough. but if i had money for two HELL YEAH!!!!