DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2014 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   Any word on 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab delivery dates (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=148222)

muleywannabe 07-22-2013 03:26 PM

Any word on 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab delivery dates

I ordered mine on June 12, 2013 and supposedly they are starting the builds today July 22nd. Still no word on the VON website or a VIN being produced and my dealer had no luck either....

skytop 07-22-2013 03:58 PM

Oh, so you're the guy who is buying the first 2014 Ram off the line. Please be certain to tell us how it arrived and ran.
Just kidding. I too am wondering what the time interval is between production date/completion and actual shipping.

Since there is so much similarity between the '13 and '14 structure and such, the transition to the new model year should be quite seamless for all involved. I have looked over the '13 forum posts and see there are a number of problem issues the trucks have displayed. I am seriously hoping the '14 will benefit by being version 2.0 and having the firmware bugs, mechanical snags, flaws, defects and recall issues fully resolved.

JamesL 07-22-2013 05:32 PM

I am in same boat. Dealer is telling me will ship 8/6 and arrive towards end of month or first of September

muleywannabe 07-22-2013 05:43 PM

My dealer said the exact same thing as you did....8/6 ship and delivery end of august

Darwin00537 07-22-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muleywannabe (Post 1156504)
My dealer said the exact same thing as you did....8/6 ship and delivery end of august

Same story for me as well.

DAA 07-22-2013 07:17 PM

Watching closely on the start of '14 CC production here too.

I ordered a '13, which is still "scheduled for production". Figure as long as nobody has gotten a VOTS "frame" update on their '14, there is still a chance for my '13 to get built sometime soon.

Once I see any movement on '14 production, I know my '13 ain't gonna happen... If that is how it goes, I would hope those of us with unfilled '13 orders would be first in line. But... From all I have seen, that's not how Ram rolls. Customers can piss up a rope, they'll build them in the order than is most convenient and cost effective for them - and it won't have anything to do with "when" an order was placed, rather with "what" the order was for and where the packages fit in with logistics and efficient running of the line.

And, of course, VOTS, customer service, my dealer, will all find out about it when I tell them - clueless bastards every one of them... Last time I went to the dealer to try and shake a clue out of them, the sales manager told me flat out, he has no more idea than I do when my truck will be built or whether it will be a '13 or a '14. He did tell, me, his best guess, if it ends up getting switched to a '14 I probably won't see it until late Sep. or even into Oct. HIS guess, and he admits that is all it is, because he doesn't believe/trust the dates he gets from Ram any more than I do, trusts them less actually because he is the guy being made to look stupid and having irate customers calling, but anyway, his guess is he won't see any '14s on his lot before mid Sep.

Not saying I'll never buy another Ram. But I dang sure won't ever order another one. If I can't find what I want on the lot, I'll go to the Ford store! Getting a new story every day and if one of them is true the others all have to be lies, dealer/salesman/sales manager won't even return my phone calls anymore etc. Pretty fed up with this "process".

I do sincerely hope all you guys ordering 14's have a more pleasant experience. Or at least a more predicable, honest one.

- DAA

GTyankee 07-22-2013 07:24 PM

some people that factory ordered the 2014 ram have received a VON#
which only means that they received the paperwork & are seeing if they have all the parts to make one

Hopefully you will get the Production Scheduled email soon

Yankee 07-22-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skytop (Post 1156434)
Oh, so you're the guy who is buying the first 2014 Ram off the line. Please be certain to tell us how it arrived and ran.
Just kidding. I too am wondering what the time interval is between production date/completion and actual shipping.

Since there is so much similarity between the '13 and '14 structure and such, the transition to the new model year should be quite seamless for all involved. I have looked over the '13 forum posts and see there are a number of problem issues the trucks have displayed. I am seriously hoping the '14 will benefit by being version 2.0 and having the firmware bugs, mechanical snags, flaws, defects and recall issues fully resolved.

THAT was exactly the reason I waitied a full year to get a 14 instead of a 13...it wasnt cosmetics....there WERE alot of changes, and i didnt want to buy it the first year, no matter how convinced i was it would be my next newie....mebbe thats all old wives stuff...either way, here i is...."we shall see"..

JamesL 07-22-2013 08:52 PM

DAA......can they switch you to a 14 with out asking you and what about the price increase

zinc69 07-23-2013 07:23 AM

got a VON that i cant use in VOTS, and no VIN yet on my 14 CC