DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Other Vehicle Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   GM drops the ball big time....w/ 2014 Sierra (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=148248)

skytop 07-22-2013 07:52 PM

GM drops the ball big time....w/ 2014 Sierra

New GM Sierra And Silverado Trucks Off To A Rough Start With Recall And Reports Of Issues

From article:
It's NOT a good day when you have to issue a recall on a new vehicle and it is ESPECIALLY painful when it's the most important product to your company that you've ever made.
First the public announcement...

GM has announced a recall (no charge to customers) of 800+ Sierra and Silverado Trucks out of the 40k already sold that have left the gate with a faulty airbag issue.

No big deal right?

Well, if it wasn't the most important product you've made since bankruptcy and if it fails you will probably go out of business, no.

But for THESE products that are under pressure like you wouldn't believe from the leader Ford and and a charging RAM, it MATTERS. You DO NOT want this kind of stuff happening. Because truck buyers want TOUGH and INDESTRUCTIBLE more than anything. But....breakdowns leaving reviewers stranded? Not good.

Now, what we're hearing in private...

One of the first review vehicles for the media didn't end happy. A writer from Autoblog was left STRANDED at a mall parking lot and the truck had to be towed. Not a good thing.

If you like real square and boxy old school design, with the 1994 twin stacked lights look, you will like the 2014 Chevy.
http://machinespider.com/wp-content/...lverado-15.jpg

PappaJohnRam 07-22-2013 08:00 PM

Damn that's one fugly truck!

huntergreen 07-22-2013 08:01 PM

ppppssssssstttttt..........have you heard about the rear pinion nut problem that occurred on the first year model of the 4th gens. all auto companies have recalls. imho, i am sure there are reasons we would pick our ram over gmc, but this isn't a reason.

Hermes1 07-22-2013 08:02 PM

Recalls can happen to any manufacturer but so soon after release does not bode well for GM, no doubt and a rough start.

shawnu 07-22-2013 08:04 PM

I don't think they look that bad. Definitely better than the last body style.

But yes, majority of makes have their problems when the first come out.

Asur 07-22-2013 08:10 PM

I don't think its Ugly, its not pretty, but hey its a truck, rather grab that than a honda ridgeline. Shit happens, they will fix it. Still prefer the RAM as far as looks. JMO

PaulMys 07-22-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntergreen (Post 1156629)
ppppssssssstttttt..........have you heard about the rear pinion nut problem that occurred on the first year model of the 4th gens. all auto companies have recalls. imho, i am sure there are reasons we would pick our ram over gmc, but this isn't a reason.

Very true. But, IMO, the RAM is an absolutely beautiful truck, almost selling itself. With the Chevy, when you are trying to sell such a God-awful looking monstrosity of a truck, it had better be near-perfect!

Grubrunner 07-22-2013 08:20 PM

I'm a GM fan as I've voiced before on these boards.

But....

Geez, I'm having a hard time finding much that I like about that from the outside.

:4-dontknow:

This was a much anticipated wait; Silverado and Sierra and it most certainly hasn't been the dream start GM predicted. Especially after the heals of another huge recall they publicised a few short months back HERE

Best to have a recall sooner than later, true. However, a malfunctioning airbag issue is most certainly not a solid start, given the severity and importance of the part in question.

I wish them a speedy recovery.

Roving Volunteer 07-22-2013 08:21 PM

Can't believe the difference in style. Just ordered a 2014. Liked this one so much I ordered the same truck with a few additional items. Chevy looks like the 80's.

Grubrunner 07-22-2013 08:23 PM

Yeah, I too sensed a touch of "throwback" theme with the new models. Especially the interior.....