DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2010 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   100,000 miles (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=148324)

Jarhead75 07-23-2013 07:38 PM

100,000 miles

Just flipped 100,000 miles now the truck just doesn't run like it used to. It does not have the same acceleration it used to and I'm considering bilstien adjustables but I'm not sure if that is a good idea at this point. Suggestions please!!

Gantman 07-23-2013 07:46 PM

Congratulations Jarhead on reaching the 100K mile mark!

Bully's Performance 07-23-2013 07:48 PM

Might be time to replace some of the other front end suspension components if you are 4 wheel drive, other than that bilsteins are a great way to level any 4th gen 4x4, however this is not going to help with your acceleration. I would suggest a nice good thorough tune up some fresh synthetic in the engine, tranny, and rear end, (make sure to use the manufacturer suggested specs) and then reset the computer a couple of times after that over the coarse of 2-3 days and you should be back up and going just fine :) If you still are not happy might be time to think about some performance upgrades such as a Tuner, CAI, Exhaust etc, etc.

And congrats on the 100k mark!

Thanks
Jeremiah
Bully's Performance

Jarhead75 07-23-2013 08:25 PM

Who resets the computer, the dealership?

ArmyofOne 07-23-2013 09:41 PM

You can reset the computer yourself by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes.

Also, besure to run some seafoam through the vacuum line to the brake booster! Might help with your acceleration issues. Also change your plugs if you havent done so already.

Astartes 07-24-2013 07:14 PM

i am only 28,000 miles from 100,000 but i bought 6" rough country lift from bully's performance so I assume that most of the suspension components are going to be replaced

Jarhead75 07-26-2013 08:56 AM

ok i bought a diablo sport tuner and some bilstien adjustables!! id like to do somthing with the exhaust but i dont want to shell out seven bills since i allready have a 22" magnaflow muffler in there. id like to pick up a side swept tail pipe but i cant find one online....any sugestions?

anothernewb 07-26-2013 09:37 AM

at 100,000 miles, the plugs are probably in tough shape IMO. There's likely some carbon too.
I would try it this way, simple low budget, weekend tune up. If nothing changes, then I'd look into a bit more stuff, maybe a compressino test (but unlikely these days with motors)
Definitley do a seafoam treatment. probably 2 cans IMO. then R&R the throttle body, and IAC clean those out good. swap out the plugs and clean out the rest of the air intake. change the oil after the seafoam. (mot of us wait till close to being due on an oil change anyway)

I do this in all of my vehicles that have hit that kind of mileage. I can't say I've noticed a huge power gain, but idle smoothness, part throttle response and gas mileage have all improved .

GTyankee 07-26-2013 10:48 AM

I was at 86,500 miles on Tuesday morning in San Diego Ca
Shocks need replacing, but getting 18.6 MPG on fairly flat highway
I will be passing Nashville Tennessee today, heading towards Connecticut & when i get back to San Diego, the plugs will get changed for the 2nd time, i will have about 93,000 miles on it by then

I just replaced the Pinion Seal before this trip, it was beginning to leak
I have not done any towing with the truck, must be cheap seals

huntergreen 07-26-2013 07:42 PM

i agree, change plugs an clean the throttle body and go from there to get your power back.