DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Is it too late? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=148695)

Gwhite79 07-27-2013 09:44 PM

Is it too late?
 
Im semi new to working on vehicles. My 2wd 2003 Ram has 138,xxx miles on it. Is it too late to start adding mods to it? Its my first truck and im planning on keeping it a long time. I havnt been looking at too many mods, and i dont really know where to start. I just want to try to make it "beefier"...

HemiLonestar 07-28-2013 12:28 AM

Not at all. Just make sure it is mechanically sound before you modify it.

RogerRamJet 07-28-2013 02:24 AM

Yeah, what ^^^Lonestar^^^ said. It's never too late. I got a late start on mine as well. Had it for 6 years before I even thought about doing a mod. $2 grand later, and I'm still going strong... well, not as strong as I'd like to be. This thing called life with bills and mortgages and... oh yeah, a wife and kids... keeps getting in the way.

Asur 07-28-2013 10:17 AM

+3 on what they all said, never too late, Have it checked and if its good all over there is no reason not to have fun with your truck. Get a few cans of PB blaster you will need it and soak all them bolts a few days before you start pulling them off.

Gwhite79 07-28-2013 02:17 PM

Seeing as im newish to working on cars, what are some relatively easy mods that would provide decent results? I prefer to not have a truck thats "all blow no go" but i do want a truck that sounds mean. Ive thought about droping cam in it, i saw a couple on air ram. Or maybe even new headers. I really dont even know what im saying i just know what ive heard other people mention

HemiLonestar 07-28-2013 02:41 PM

Look up Chefred's signature, I don't know what mileage he started, but he's over 200,000 on his 05 and its a 12sec truck.

RogerRamJet 07-28-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwhite79 (Post 1161466)
Seeing as im newish to working on cars, what are some relatively easy mods that would provide decent results? I prefer to not have a truck thats "all blow no go" but i do want a truck that sounds mean. Ive thought about droping cam in it, i saw a couple on air ram. Or maybe even new headers. I really dont even know what im saying i just know what ive heard other people mention

Dropping is a cam is not easy, not to mention not cheap. Headers are not easy, and not cheap either. Start with the basic 3, Tuner, Exhaust and CAI or drop in a high flow filter. Then you can work on the cosmetics. It's a never ending money pit, my friend. You can spend as much or as little as you want. The idea is to make it your truck. Good luck and have fun!

Gwhite79 07-28-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerRamJet (Post 1161583)
Dropping is a cam is not easy, not to mention not cheap. Headers are not easy, and not cheap either. Start with the basic 3, Tuner, Exhaust and CAI or drop in a high flow filter. Then you can work on the cosmetics. It's a never ending money pit, my friend. You can spend as much or as little as you want. The idea is to make it your truck. Good luck and have fun!


Thanks man, is there another thread somewhere that goes into more detail on the stuff you mentioned?

RogerRamJet 07-28-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwhite79 (Post 1161598)
Thanks man, is there another thread somewhere that goes into more detail on the stuff you mentioned?

Oh yeah. This forum is filled with tons of info on these subjects. Click the search drop down and type in any one of those and you'll get a plethora of info. It's gonna be a little overwhelming at first, cause there'll be a ton to sift through. But sift through it and you'll get a great education.

Astartes 07-31-2013 09:15 AM

If you want you can check my mods in my signature. It'll give you plenty if ideas on easy mods. That's all I do lol


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger