DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2014 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   2013/2014 RAM 1500 Order (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=148822)

DDorr 07-29-2013 09:38 AM

2013/2014 RAM 1500 Order

I am finding it very interesting reading all the posts about how some have said they have "ordered" a 2014 truck already, and that they actually have a build date. Last week I finally made up my mind about exactly what I wanted on my new truck and went to the dealer to make it happen as a build order as they could not find exactly what I was looking for that was already pre-built which was the following;
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Outdoorsman / 4x4 / 6.4ft Box
Copperhead Pearl Monotone
Canyon Brown Interior Premium Cloth 40/20/40
5.7L Hemi w/8-Speed Trans
3.92 Axel
Trailer Brake Controller
Comfort Group
Alpine 10 Speaker System
Rambox Cargo System
Wheel to Wheel Chrome Side Steps
Spray-In Bed Liner
Rear Back-Up Camera
Park Assist
I was told that I could no longer order a 2013...grrrr. I had another dealer said oh he could still order one, but when push came to shove it turns out that there was a "miscommunication" and no, he could no longer order a 2013. My local dealer, who has been very up front about what he could/could not do actually had me sit in the sales managers office and build the truck with him on the computer, but when we went to submit, the button was grayed out and we could not do it. So I said let's go ahead and order a 2014, this time the truck would come up but all the options or most at least where grayed out and we could not finish building a 2014.
So I am wondering, what do all of you who think you have a true order in for a 2014 really have? I mean the dealer was basically telling me that he could NOT order a 2013 anymore and that we would have to wait to order a 2014 until it was available, now I KNOW that if he could have sold me a car that day he would have and all dealers have access to the same computer system. So just what is it that you think you have? I just don't get it. And no he was not stalling me or trying to up-sale me with something on the lot. He did not even bring it up, he basically said he was sorry but took all the info of what I wanted and said as soon as the window opened up he would/could place the order but there was nothing at this time that he could do.:4-dontknow:

Yankee 07-29-2013 09:56 AM

I dont know what you were told, or what you were looking at...I had no problem building a 14, and completing the order..its been awhile now since the "order book" was closed by DODGE on the 13's...I deleted the site with the date listing......perhaps when you went, they were having puter problems, or (gawd help us) making changes....either way, I have enough ongoing info to satisfy me that my order is real..from the dealer, and from DODGE itself, ...and, if you refer to any number of other posts from me, and many others, actually in progress...where EXACTLY that puts the date i actually get to sit in it, is open to debate.....we shall see....gl2u

count2 07-29-2013 09:57 AM

Maybe it is something with the Outdoorsman? When I ordered my SLT the only option that was grayed out was the backup camera. But they can definitely order the 2014s, I've seen my dealer's screen with my order and a bunch of his own. Someone on here posted last week that they have a 2014 that was in Final Inspection and almost ready to ship.

Yankee 07-29-2013 10:08 AM

it wasnt the "Outdoorsman" trim line, it WAS the camera/park assist package....that was a change from 13...i tried to order the backup camera separately...couldnt do it...had to get the whole package which now included not only the rear sensors, but the fronts as well, whci are new......according to my build sheet, AMV is the "REAR BACKUP CAMERA GROUP"...and further on, XACP PARKVIEW REAR BACKUP CAMERA, and XAGP PARKSENSE FT/RR PARK ASSIST SYSTEM..he tried to "split it out", but the system wouldnt let him...eliciting a "hmmmm" from him.....it wasnt in the plan, but after all that...well......

IMHO, it helps if WHOMEVER you wind up speaking to, has actually ordered a few before you, and is up on the changes.

Nitroneal 07-29-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee (Post 1162106)
I dont know what you were told, or what you were looking at...I had no problem building a 14, and completing the order..its been awhile now since the "order book" was closed by DODGE on the 13's...I deleted the site with the date listing......perhaps when you went, they were having puter problems, or (gawd help us) making changes....either way, I have enough ongoing info to satisfy me that my order is real..from the dealer, and from DODGE itself, ...and, if you refer to any number of other posts from me, and many others, actually in progress...where EXACTLY that puts the date i actually get to sit in it, is open to debate.....we shall see....gl2u

Almost word for word where I'm at also.

Yankee 07-29-2013 12:15 PM

Just got off the phone with JASON at CS...check the "delivery system"...scheduled for build 8/7, delivery to MEMPHIS 8/14....says that system is constantly being updated, the one we see, similar to his warehouse system, isnt....

DDorr 07-29-2013 01:45 PM

I could even get a "build sheet" that says every option for the '13's but I'm pretty sure more than just the back up camera was grayed out. But no issues with waiting. I would rather wait and know that it was done right than try to force the issue and find out something got mixed up and this is what we got for you type of thing. These cost too much to compromise especially when you are building from scratch, this truck will be done exactly like I want. For all of you with orders, I hope they come in as expected and I will be looking to see how it all goes. Good luck and thanks for the inputs so far!

Yankee 07-29-2013 01:58 PM

Of course you're exactly right...thats why i ordered, and am waiting....except i think there may be some confusion...the "build sheet" i ordered, and got, was specific to my vehicle,, not generic to a trim line..........I think ill keep it in a place of honor, forever (or at least while im waiting)....heheheheh

Darwin00537 07-29-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDorr (Post 1162255)
I could even get a "build sheet" that says every option for the '13's but I'm pretty sure more than just the back up camera was grayed out. But no issues with waiting. I would rather wait and know that it was done right than try to force the issue and find out something got mixed up and this is what we got for you type of thing. These cost too much to compromise especially when you are building from scratch, this truck will be done exactly like I want. For all of you with orders, I hope they come in as expected and I will be looking to see how it all goes. Good luck and thanks for the inputs so far!

Your order issue could be the color you picked. They've got very restricted colors available in the first build of the year. Ask your dealer to build your truck with the color bright white and see what happens. If the button isn't greyed out you'll know it's the color that's the problem. Might be worth taking off a couple of other options as well like the 6'4" box.

DDorr 07-29-2013 08:05 PM

But if I take off items just so they can build it, then I'm not building it the way I want it. I am hearing here and other places that the Copperhead Orange may not even be available for 2014, in that case I'm going with the Deep Red. More and more it just looks like I will be waiting this out for a month or so until the 2014's are up and running on the production line.