DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   2013 Dodge Ram Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   pulls to the left... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=149010)

Korn3199 07-31-2013 10:45 AM

pulls to the left...

truck's been pulling to the left, pretty badly, since the day i got it. only at high speeds. anybody else have the issue? i would say it's obviously just a wheel alignment fix, but i've heard of air suspension being the culprit as well.

anybody go for a wheel alignment only to have to go back to adjust the suspension (re-calibrate)?

Grubrunner 07-31-2013 11:33 AM

Is this happening under braking or just driving or both?

TinMan68 07-31-2013 12:05 PM

I had this happen after a tire rotation. When I had to brake hard it pulled to the left and then came right back to straight. It lasted only a few days and its been fine since. That's been almost a thousand miles ago. I have no idea what it was. And the guy that does my work is as picky as I am. That's why I always go to him. He's independent and works by himself. I've known him for 25 years at least!

keeptrucking 07-31-2013 02:07 PM

no alignment, may need new tire

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korn3199 (Post 1164025)
truck's been pulling to the left, pretty badly, since the day i got it. only at high speeds. anybody else have the issue? i would say it's obviously just a wheel alignment fix, but i've heard of air suspension being the culprit as well.

anybody go for a wheel alignment only to have to go back to adjust the suspension (re-calibrate)?

Before to do any wheel alignment, reverse the front tires
Put the right tire in the left side and the left tire on the right side
If after doing this, the truck start pulling to the right, you have a bad tire
and you will have to buy a new one

Korn3199 07-31-2013 09:24 PM

it happens when i brake as well, like if i'm slowing down for a toll booth, i can feel it pull until i reach about 30 mph.

weird thing is, sometimes it rides just fine. i'd say about 80% of the time, it's pulling at highway speeds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keeptrucking (Post 1164214)

i'll give it a shot, thanks

RyanJM 08-01-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keeptrucking (Post 1164214)

I would try this 1st. My truck has a slight pull. I have to have it aligned ever 3 months. After some off roading I keep knocking the alignment out and some bad potholes here.

browndawg 08-01-2013 12:28 AM

take it to the dealer, they will tell u this is normal and send u on ur merry way. booom problem solved lol.

mechtech 08-01-2013 10:23 AM

I had this problem with my truck since new.Took it back to the dealer and they re-calibrated the air suspension.No more pulling and my steering wheel is centered now.

White392 08-26-2013 10:47 AM

I had the same problem and the dealer told me tat it was my BF Goodrich tires. They reversed the front tires and said that it was pulling to the right but the alignment was dead on. I left and it was still pulling to the left.

bowieknife 08-26-2013 11:40 AM

Mine pulls slightly to the left at highway speeds as well. I don't have air suspension so I'm guessing tires. I'm going to give it another 500 miles and have the front tires swapped (left to right). It's not a major pull left, but noticeable. For local driving, tracks straight as an arrow if accelerating or braking.