DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   4" Superlift questions (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=149012)

Tacsavage 07-31-2013 11:52 AM

4" Superlift questions

Picked up a 2013 crew cab 1500 sport last week. Coming out of a 2005 2500 that is lifted on 35 toyos. Really leaning toward a 4" superlift with Bilsteins. How does this lift ride compared to stock? I need a little more civil of a truck as a daily driver so I was planning on the new toyo at2 in 305/50r20 on 20x9 -12 offset or 20x10 -24 offset. Once I pick up another commuter vehicle in a few years go back to 35s. I also would like to keep at least a 1.5 in of rake so it doesn't squat too low with my boat on it. Do I need to add a spacer to the rear in addition to the superlift springs? Will lift kit shocks still work with additional spacer? Thanks for he input.

fastNugly @ BP 07-31-2013 04:16 PM

Well with this kit if you want 1.5" rake you will have to leave the Bilsteins at the 0 setting
How it will ride?
It should ride fairly close to stock.

If you require this kit, it is something we provide....mind you we can provide you a 4" BDS kit which will work out to be less and its of similar to greater quality
Let me know

Chickenhole 07-31-2013 06:48 PM

I think it's overpriced, as fastnugly said bds is better quality. The 4" has good ride quality, but as soon as you add height with the bils, I found atleast with mine there was wobble in 4x4 high. @1.4, I had 1" rake

rangerjoe1 08-21-2013 08:03 PM

Not impressed with the BDS at all. Traded in a Tundra Maxx with a 7" BDs and 37" trails. A lot of rubbing issues. As well had a history id parts prematurely wearing out. BDS was reluctant to stand behind them but did once. They suddenly changed their design slightly. So support isn't one of their stronger suits

chadster21 08-21-2013 10:37 PM

heard this about bds before... not every kit is going to work out for everyone. i would still go with a bds or a zone for a 4'' lift... i know with around 10'' of lift i ride just about on stock

fastNugly @ BP 08-24-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangerjoe1 (Post 1182257)
Not impressed with the BDS at all. Traded in a Tundra Maxx with a 7" BDs and 37" trails. A lot of rubbing issues. As well had a history id parts prematurely wearing out. BDS was reluctant to stand behind them but did once. They suddenly changed their design slightly. So support isn't one of their stronger suits

It's sad BDS did not work out for you.
But it's truly the odd situation and I'm not saying I don't believe you must have gotten a few wrong people.
None the less, there is much more positive than negative
It also sounds like someone may have sold you the wrong setup.
Offset of rims is crucial. As are tire width vs lift height.

We go through with customers what they want to achieve look wise and functionality and we advise them if there will be rubbing and where to correct it.
But that's what is sounds like to me
Then to top it off with bad service would piss me off too